• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show Boycott

Something to Ponder

While shooting at our indoor league archery last night I got into a conversation about the cancellation of the show. While it is a good thing from our 2A standpoint, many hard working American's have been hurt by this.

The show is THE show on the East Coast and many smaller manufacturers and outfitters use it to forecast production, take orders and schedule a year's worth of clients. My friend, an Ohio outfitter, said that in some cases over 90% of an outfitter's schedule is made during that show. He is already about 80% full so he won't feel it as bad as some. The larger companies, while taking a hit, will not feel the sting nearly as bad as many of the smaller ones.

Also hurt are all the local businesses that take in a huge part of their yearly income during the show. So while we feel good about sticking it to the British company that runs the show, they in turn have stuck it to the local communtiy and many of the smaller companies that comprised the vendor list. Those vendors are taking it on the chin and in the wallet...just a thought to ponder.

Due to the cancellation of the Harrisburg Show, some of the outfitters that were supposed to exhibit have put together an outfitters show! FEBRUARY 2nd from 2-8pm. It will be held at the Hotel Carlisle & Embers Convention Center. 1700 Harrisburg Pike, Carlisle, PA 17015 For more info: Phone: 717-243-1717 *

Sent from behind the hood of a long nose pete.

Re: Something to Ponder

OhioArcher said:
While it is a good thing from our 2A standpoint, many hard working American's have been hurt by this.

Sometimes the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. I know you know this…..

These small business owners who are trying to live the American dream, are going to be the first to feel the sting of the proverbial chair being pulled from underneath them as they scrap to live the “American Dream”

[quote="oli700Sometimes the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. I know you know this…..[/quote]

Yes, I agree. Unfortunately, there will be some that will bear hardships due to this process long before the rest of us will. I asked that we keep that in mind while we are chest bumping and fist pumping about out "victory". Some of these folks will be our friends and family.

I subscribed to the statement "that which does not kill us makes us stronger". But more and more I lean towards ""that which does not kill us does not make us stronger, it makes us more pissed off" (thank you SOA for that phrase). Maybe it is due to getting older and more cynical, especially with all things government related.

Back