• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Ergo tri rail fit question

Jaxx103

Copper BB
Hi guys,
I'm new here but not new to shotguns. I'm a LEO in Missouri and I recently bought a 590 and installed a few things on her. I shot her yesterday before this winter storm hit and while cleaning it today I noticed the nut that screws down holding the forend onto the tube there is a good amount of threads exposed. Probably a quarter of an inch. Is this normal for that tri rail. I know a few of y'all have installed this forend and hopefully it's normal. By the way I have the 590 20 inch barrel. Ill try and post up a pic here in a min
Thank you

hello Jaxx welcome from NY,and thank you for protecting and serving.

Jax103,

Welcome, and thanks for your service.

I am not sure about it being normal or not, but when you tear down you shotgun you can check. Do a full tear down and remove the slide tube/slide. You can use the back of a butter knife or something similar to tighten it down.

Frank

Thanks for the replies guys. Yea I tighten her down as tight as it will go and there is still about quarter inch of threads left. It feels solid and just didn't know if this was normal or not for this forend.
Thanks again

Jaxx103,

As long as the shoulder of the nut is in contact with the shoulder of the pump handle, and it is tight, no issue with threads showing.

Frank

Welcome to MO and thank you for serving your community!

I have the ERGO tri rail forend. When I look at the tube, I too have threads showing below the nut. Everything is tight so I believe this is completely normal.

Excellent thank you for the quick responses. If I can figure out how to post pics ill throw one up for yall

I just installed a Phoenix forfend and I have threads showing also. But again everything is tight and seems ok, ( one caveat, Phoenix included a forfend extension that was supposed to be used with a mossberg. But I sure couldn't figure out how)

joespride said:
I just installed a Phoenix forfend and I have threads showing also. But again everything is tight and seems ok, ( one caveat, Phoenix included a forfend extension that was supposed to be used with a mossberg. But I sure couldn't figure out how)

There are 2 Action Slide Tube Lengths; 6 5/8 and 7 3/4. Usually manufaturers supply the parts needed to put the pump on either Action Slide Tube. This makes it a lot easier than having to market 2 different lengths, and helps reduce returns or wrong orders. So if you have a 6 5/8 Action Tube, you would need to use the extension. If you have the 7 3/4 you use the nut only.

Frank

Back