• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Extended "Undertaker" 12 gauge choke

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
I'm curious if any of you have used the HS Strut Undertaker choke in their shotgun?

I traded for a brand new/unfired one today and think it may do pretty well at coyote hunting. I plan to use a rifle during the daylight hours, but our newly established night hunt, only allows shotgun, so I think that choke may get me a little farther shot.

The choke diameter is "super tight". .654 actually, which would put it in the 16 gauge improved cylinder choke territory. :?

Some of the reviews and product descriptions says that about 90% of the pattern is supposed to be within about a 30 inch circle at 40 yards, which is pretty respectable. One reviewer even stated that he counted 157 pellets in whatever he was shooting at.

I wouldn't attempt to shoot a slug through it for obvious reasons, but I'm thinking maybe trying 4 or 5 shot to see how it does.

If you have used the choke, how did it work for you? Did you have a "pet" load?

Attachments

• undertaker choke 004.JPG
    undertaker choke 004.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 56
John these are some pics from a review I did years ago on another forum.

My POI was a bit high but you can get an idea of pattern density. I believe the pattern distance was 25 yards. The gun used was a Mossberg 930 with 28" barrel.

PATTERN_CHOKE_TUBES.jpg

PATTERN_LOADS.jpg

PATTERN_FEDERAL_UNDERTAKER.jpg

Federal Flite Contol #5's with the Undertaker Choke Tube

PATTERN_WINCHESTER_UNDERTAKER.jpg

Winchester #5's with the Undertaker Choke Tube

If I still have it I can send it to you. I'll look and see what I still have in the choke box, I know I've given some away.

Back