• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Fade to BLK

^^LMAO

Oli, funny you mention that. We were shooting prone, laying on a tarp, off of bags actually. And this was my first day ever shooting from that position. To say it felt foreign is an understatement. I have a friend who's an instructor that was with me giving me some coaching, and I'm enrolled in one of his classes for April (mostly AR based courses), and will take the other hopefully in June. One thing he'd have me do, is get everything lined up and on target, nice and relaxed. Then close your eyes, breathe natually, and count to five. When you open your eyes, if your POA has shifted, you weren't on target in a relaxed state, you were using muscle tension too get there, and need to adjust until you are.

I can tell you just from Saturday's short session, I have a LOT to learn, but I enjoy doing so. I ran into him on Monday, and mentioned I was a little sore being not used to some of those positions we shot from (we did prone variations, sitting, a lunge type squatting rest, and some moving and firing on the steel), and probably sitting on my ass all winter long hasn't helped either. He informs me that what would help is what he does, three days a week of push ups, crunches and mountain climbers with two days a week of fairly strenuous hiking. He's gonna be 60 this year, dude is tough as nails. He's a good friend, and a great resource that I'm fortunate to have around to learn from.

sounds like you are well underway

I used to race hair and hound on two strokes.....bet your instructor would be more sore from a day of that thing we do on two wheels than any day at the range lol

it takes a straight athlete to do that bike crap in a competitive manner ......I never won for the record lol

I remember the first Motard races......like a stock car track, throw in a couple chicanes , a dirt patch and a couple jumps made from diamond plate.....weird but fun to watch.....especially the transition from dirt to hard ball.....the little dirt on the tires would eat up so many riders......haven't seen one in years.

Thanks Oli, and you're absolutely right. It's just using your muscles in different ways I suppose. I've never raced, but done plenty of track days in the dirt. First time out I made about three laps and had to pull off the track because my lungs, legs, and pretty much everything was on fire LOL. Those old motard races were known as the superbikers on ABC's wide world of sports in the early 80's. Hella fun to watch and Danny "Magoo" Chandler dominated if memory serves.

jyoVzXY.jpg

well that is earlier than I remember , I had a bike like that CR, little newer, a YZ 490, but my favorite bike was a 95 WR 250.
I remember not being able to sit on the toilet.....really it sucks worse than you think....next to that daily doubles in football , death was welcome

I've ridden a couple 500's, and honestly even at 205lbs I just feel they are way too much of a handful. Even the new 450s in the tight east coast stuff where I live will wear your ass out, or at least they do me. My favorite all time bike was a '91 KX250 that had woods porting and polishing work, a weighted flywheel, and a pro circuit platinum pipe and SA muffler on it along with a few other goodies. I loved that bike, it was like a diesel, never had a big hit, just pulled from idle till the reeds would float, never had any arm pump on it either.

that gen of KX was natural born woods bikes.....partner of mine rode a 92 we called it a 3 stroke cuz it had so much low end

I never rode 500s here that much at all, to abusive on the motor being luged around in tight woods all the time ....heat city. In open country, desert....nothing touches them....to this day I don't think they can top a built CR or KX 500

but like you know those big bores cant hang with the 250's in the single track, slimmy roots, rocks........you know

one of my biggest dreams was to tear up Loretta Lynn trail......I ended my career when I tore both MCL's and broke a foot in one wreck....dude I tell you its rough when you don't even have a limping leg for 3 months , thought I broke both my legs right on the spot

started doing this....made some good power but not the same

^^Agreed oli, never cared for quads myself actually. Owned a Banshee, and a Warrior at different times.

Well my scope came in yesterday, and I took the Kyrlon to some things just to try it since I've always wanted to. Still on the fence about doing the whole thing multi color before hunting season, not sure yet. Anyway, she's done...for now. :D

vmc1EzJ.jpg

The scope has an extra battery compartment, and they give you an extra battery, and some different length cat tails, nice touch IMO.

hBHpQLQ.jpg

Shot of the reticle, glass is crystal clear BTW

jdkzVni.jpg

Mounted it up in a Burris PEPPR QD mount, using a torque wrench of course. Hope to zero it this weekend.

zEtAkdS.jpg

Back