• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Fall Season Trail Cam Pics

Mudinyeri

20g
"Philanthropist"
I bought my first trail cam a couple weeks ago and set it up this past weekend. I mounted it to a tree on a busy "highway" and put down a mineral lick a few yards away. Following are a few of the pics I've gotten over the last 4-5 days. Post up your pics from this season!

27Toby9-6-11016.jpg

27Toby9-6-11014.jpg

27Toby9-6-11013.jpg

27Toby9-6-11010.jpg

27Toby9-6-11008.jpg

27Toby9-6-11007.jpg

27Toby9-6-11004.jpg

27Toby9-6-11019.jpg

27Toby9-6-11015.jpg

Caught some nice "traffic" there Mud...!!

Why don't you break down the specs of the Moultrie trail cam...and why you picked it over others available. ( I like the clarity and ambient temp reading )

Website link and pic of cam would also be helpful...Thanks man !

( Gettin' a little nippy up there in Nebraska right now huh ?...pic #4 )

Looks like 7:30am to 2:00pm is the busy time....

ripjack13 said:
Looks like 7:30am to 2:00pm is the busy time....

Or 3:30 a.m. if you want a nice sized buck. :D

Info on the camera:

Moultrie Game Spy M80x

DSC01166.JPG

DSC01167.JPG

DSC01168.JPG

DSC01170.JPG

Good things come in small packages and the Moultrie Game Spy M80 Trail Camera is no exception. This little camera is loaded with features like widescreen pictures and videos, new Illumi-Night sensor, a battery life calculator and Plot Stalker time-lapse mode. All this in a unit smaller than your hand. This little beauty features 5.0 megapixel infrared technology, 3 operational modes - IR triggered game camera, time lapse plot camera, and plot camera by day, infrared camera at night.

I dropped in some Sam's Club brand AAA batteries and a $20 16GB SDHC card and strapped it to a tree on the "highway".

Link to Google Shopping: http://www.google.com/products/catalog? ... 675026443#

I got mine from huntfishpro on eBay.

Several guys on a local hunting forum have used the M80 and really liked it. I figured I would give it a try and I have to say I'm pretty happy with the pic quality day or night. Sam's Club has a Stealth Cam in stock right now for $99. It comes with batteries and a 2GB SDHC card. I'm probably going to give that one a try too.

How long is the battery life good for? I invested in rechargeable energizer aa's from bj's and they last quite a while in my gadgets.

Also...do you lock it up?

ripjack13 said:
How long is the battery life good for? I invested in rechargeable energizer aa's from bj's and they last quite a while in my gadgets.

Also...do you lock it up?

I've only had it for about a week with five days of use so I can't really tell you about battery life - other than my local hunting buddies said it was pretty good.

It's not locked up. It's on my property in the middle of nowhere. The closest paved road is five miles away. The closest building is at least 1/4 mile away.

Nice camera.

The one I used last year is one of the less expensive ($50) walmart Tasco trail cam's.

It takes 4 C batteries, and lasted more than a month when the weather was warm, but when it got cold, 2 weeks was a long time.

Rechargable C batteries and a charger are outrageous.

Got some great pics Toby! Those cameras are nice and the photo quality is exceptional!!!

John, great idea!!!

Thanks for posting the details Mud....keep us in the loop on it's continued success and if you pick up the other trail cam, be sure to fill us in...!!

Rep sent...

BTW...Real good idea John !!

Thanks for sharing...

Yea...sometimes the point gets lost in the exchange of ideas here...ah well ! ;)

I have about a thousand trail cam pics.

Anything in particular anyone would like to see?

How about the one with the biggest rack...( that maybe you bagged because you knew where it traveled )

i was in heaven when i saw the turkeys...but then...holy crap! a mountain lion!! grrrrrrooowlll..

that's an awesome shot.

Excellent pictures John...where do you live !?

If "not Cali"...then where ? ...State Game Lands !

Back