• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Fallen mossbergowners.com member BuffaloDave

dorangolv

.270 WIN
Sad to say a friend I met here on mossbergowners.com and friended on FB passed away December 27, 2013. Dave Momot, known as BuffaloDave to us.

This is a link to his FB page
https://www.facebook.com/dave.momot

Here was his last post from 7/6/2013
http://www.mossbergowners.com/forum...aint-and-refinishing.10936/page-7#post-119275

A link to pictures of his Mossberg 500 tear down and paint. This should be a How-to for anyone looking for photos on how to correctly detail strip and refinish their Mossy.
https://www.facebook.com/dave.momot/media_set?set=a.336484056404100.100569.100001275266166&type=3

We only had a couple brief exchanges but he struck me as a great guy with a big heart i'd like to hang out with for a couple days around beer and food.

Great posts, definitely a loss to the forum. RIP, Dave....

Too bad, the FB page is unavailable...

Prayers outgoing for Dave's family and his safe arrival in God's hands....

RIP Dave.

My thoughts go out to his family.

That is sad news. So sorry to hear this. Are you in contact with his family? Be a nice gesture to send them condolences....

RIP Dave....godspeed brother.

Thank you for letting us know @dorangolv .

I remember BuffaloDave's posts well and while he may be gone, he will not be forgotten. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all who mourn his passing...

SO SAD! RIP!!
His last FB post

I love my girl MORE each and every day! — with Dawn Kulinski Momot.
247653_456726661046505_1965913817_n.jpg

My condolences to his family.

Sad for sure, obviously far too young. RIP.

Here is a copy of the message I sent to his wife on behalf of all of us here.
"Dawn,
My name is Robert Doran. I met Dave through the mossbergowners.com website. I sent him a FB friend request and he accepted back in July '13. He and I had a couple interchanges via FB and the mossbergowners.com page. By all appearances, he knew there was a right way to do something, and that's how he did it. He received many glowing commendations, compliments and questions after he posted pictures of his Mossberg 500 tear down, repaint and rebuild. Awesome, meticulous and thorough are just three words I can think of off the top of my head to describe his work.
In early December I deactivated my fb account for about 3 months due to a stalker and was out of touch with him during that time. When I returned, I went to his page to ask him a question.
And he was gone.
I never met him other than through fb and mossbergowners.com. We had a lot of similar interests and likes. I wished I could've made a trip out to meet him and just "hang out in the garage" talking about his car, airplanes, everything.
I posted a memorial message on that website about Dave's passing. He is greatly missed and admired by all who knew him and read his posts. On behalf of those on the mossbergowners.com page I'm passing along their condolences and prayers to the friends and family of BuffaloDave.
He is missed.
God Bless you.
Robert Doran
Las Vegas, NV."

Dave Momot 2013.jpg

Dave and his wife Christmas 2013. Two days before his passing.
Dave Momot 12-25-13 passed 12-27-13.jpg

Last edited:
Just got this reply from his wife.
"Hi Robert,

I truly appreciate all the very kind words you said about Dave. He was the most amazing man and husband who had morals and a work ethic like no other. His passing was sudden and unexpected on December 27th. It's been over 3 months and I still cannot believe he's gone

Please extend my thanks to the the group for their condolences on my behalf. It means the world to me that someone who had never met Dave in person would reach out to me to say such nice things about him. I don't know anything about guns, but please stay in touch if you feel so inclined.

Take care, Dawn"

Very nicely done Robert. Thank you for passing along our condolences to her....

More from Dawn, Dave's wife. (edited)
I am so deeply touched by the outpouring of kindness from everyone. It all seems so surreal. We were every bit as happy and in love as you see in the pictures. I feel so cheated out of the many years we should have had but I thank God everyday for what I had because not many people in this world get to experience that kind of love in their lifetime so I feel very blessed that I had that with Dave. I became disabled in 2007 after suffering severe back & neck injuries while at work. Dave stood by my side and has been caring for me 24/7 for the past 6 and a half years. He not only took care of our home, all the chores, shopping, laundry, took me to every doctor appointment, etc but did everything for me without hesitation or complaint. He was the kind of man who did everything with his whole heart and soul and would give you the shirt off his back and his last penny. I could go on and on about what an amazing person he was but you obviously already know that. ... it almost feels impossible for me to go on but I draw strength from Dave everyday because I know that's what he would want. Every day without him is harder than the next but I'm taking it one hour at a time and doing my best to make him proud.

My reply back:
"He was that guy in the movies. A real man. The kind who doesn't blink in the face of adversity. That's how he came across with just a limited exposure which means that was him 100%. You are blessed. People spend lifetimes looking for what you two had and they still won't find it. God Bless you."

so...

Here is my challenge to all the men here on mossbergowners.com.

Are you "Dave" to your wife?
Not Superman.
Not batman.
Better.

Those guys are fake.
Actors dressing up in clothes someone told them to wear speaking words someone else wrote.

Dave was the real deal. I am totally broken up about this guy. I'm falling apart right now because I have NOT been Dave to my wife. I just got an email earlier this afternoon. She wants a divorce.

What are you doing to be more like Dave and less like me? Don't use your own dictionary when trying to define what "Dave" means. What does your wife need? What has she already been telling you that she needs? Is it emotional? Is it physical? Is it financial? Do you look at things and do them before she asks you too, or does it sit for a while?
That's how you define "Dave".
Be the man your wife always hoped she could be married to. Not the guy she's married to now.
If you died today and your wife found you on the floor as Dawn told me, what would her life be like without you?
Would she be inspired to carry on?

" ...it almost feels impossible for me to go on but I draw strength from Dave everyday because I know that's what he would want. "

Be a Dave.

"Every day without him is harder than the next but I'm taking it one hour at a time and doing my best to make him proud. "

Be a Dave.

This is a man's man. He knows what has to be done, and he does it.
No sniveling.
No grumbling.
He is the stuff of legend. I don't know anyone who treated his wife this well.

Be a Dave.

Back