• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Felt up the Judge

not enuff

.22LR
Hello all,
This is my first post as I am new here. I'm new to the world of shotty's and this forum sparked my interest in a 28" 500A 5+1 that I've had that just collected dust. I'm a tactical kinda guy as most if all of my weapon experience is Mount related (Eight-Deuce on the loose!). So the research started, which led to ordering, which led to get the package before my wife gets home kinda stuff, which led to more ordering, and so on.
IMG_1518.jpg

My first item claimed was the ATI Halo Side-Saddle - Gotta good deal on just the saddle. I had a feeling that it was going to be a tight fit and didn't want to jack-up my finish sliding this on so I went to a not so manly store and bought a sheet of thin felt.
IMG_1517.jpg

Once the felt is cut into thin strips it stretches with a taffy like consistency becoming thinner as it's stretched. I liked that characteristic as I wasn't sure of what kind of tolerances I was dealing with. As you can see above, I lined the inside of the saddle.
IMG_1516.jpg

This unit mounts in the existing top rail taps by 4 screws (supplied) on the Mossy. This is a simple way to protect and give that exo-skeleton look to your receiver.
IMG_1522.jpg

There is no doubt that I am going to have to attach some shells and a top rail to this Side-Saddle. I love it. The fit is awesome. Things are flush where they are supposed to be and centered where they are supposed to be.
IMG_1527.jpg

IMG_1528.jpg

IMG_1525.jpg

I am going to love long time.
Since I have got into this, about 2 weeks ago, I have replaced all of the wood furniture, went with a Mossy Breach barrel, Weaver, Weaver, Weaver, and am shopping for add-ons. This has been a fun build so far. The Judge is together off the operating table and on standby. I'll post a pic somewhere sometime.

Glad to be here.

Welcome from MI!!

Great so far. Looking forward to seeing more.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes despite the cold temps.

I'm not sure which will come first - Laserlyte CM-15 = lot cheaper than the new CM-K15 or 9 add-a-shells to put on the side of this saddle. At any rate, this has been a fun build thus far and I appreciate the posts I found on this forum that I was able to reference in making my decision to take on this build.

Back