• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

FHP Trooper cleared in use of Taser.

Sn3aKyGuY

.30-06
So, I don't know if anyone has seen this yet, but flipping through the tube I came across CNN's Jane Velez giving her anti-police spin on a story of a young lady that was tased after trying to escape custody. Now, I caught the story half way though so I'm not sure if this was mentioned at the beginning of the story, but the 5-6 minutes of what I did see none of the following was mentioned. This young lady was under the influence of cocaine and oxycodone. She had just initiated a chase after being involved in not one, but TWO hit and run accidents. She admittedly removed one of her hands from the restraints while in the back of the squad car. Then while the Trooper was filing paper work she attempted to escape from custody. Here's a more 'factual' version of the story:

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafe ... in/1215862

Now I do think that the officer did have other options, but come on, the media takes every chance they get to bash cops while leaving out important facts to suit their stories.

The media uses whatever tidbits they want to use.

There is no such thing as good reporting.

Here are some pictures of AK47 machineguns you'll probably see in the newspaper or 11'o clock news

singleshotbreakdown.jpg

Rem870.jpg

ak47.jpg

ak471.jpg

ak472.jpg

Haha, nice John!

That reminds me of all the photos of Glocks you see in the media...

Glock

Glock

Glock

Glock

Glock

Glock

Glock

Often In Custody deaths are blamed on Law Enforcement procedures or equipment, and adding to the mix is that Departments are slow to answer media questions because they don't want to speculate, but give facts. This delay is because it takes time for autopsy results to come back. By the time that the Department responds, often the medis "buzz" has gone away or it is seen as a "cover up" by many.

In the 90s OC (pepper spray) was blamed for respratory and cardiac related deaths. Now with Tazers on the scene and lawyers see $$$.

The facts are this...OC is only fast evaporating alcohol and water with finely ground pepper, and causes the eyes mucus membranes to burn and become inflamed. A Tazer deliveres a low electrical charge for 8 seconds and only affects skeletal muscles (not the heart, etc.) A person does not die from OC or Tazers, they die from cardiac arrest because they are overweight, swallowed drugs that they are trying to hide from the Officer, reaction to drugs, or they drive themself to it because they will not calm down. A person becomes injured by the fall

I'll try not to drone on... There is what is known as "But for causation" But for the bad guy acting in a threatening manner, the Officer would not have had to use force. Personal responsability is the cornerstone of an orderly scociaty.

So here is my PSA for bad guys...(because I care)
If you have a cardiac health issue, use illegal drugs, try to swallow drugs to hide them, have a pacemaker, are predisposed to being a "spaz", or dont like falling to the ground...the men and women of Law Enforcement strongly recomend that you do not try to fight or run. A much better option would be to change your path in life. Thank you.

My feelings are that for the most part, if people don't want to face the risk involved with getting tasered or shot, etc., then they should go to greater lengths to avoid situations where they might become a victim of such force.

I've seen this guide pop up frequently.

Guide-to-Firearms1.jpg

Back