• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Fienstein to introduce Assault Weapon Ban

Re: Connecticut School shooting.

The scope is what is making it "evil" if I understand LES correctly... so I would be left to believe that you would not be able to keep it. Best get some iron sights fitted too it! :lol:

What if I epoxy the magazine into it so it is no longer detachable? then put some iron sights on it! Good to Go!

:eek: I wonder if that would be considered under the ban as "Manufacturing".. ooh there is a twist :p

Nah, epoxy isn't permanent so that wouldn't fly.

All kidding aside I can foresee a ban on the manufacture and sale of "assault rifles" and "sniper rifles", but I don't foresee them getting around a grandfather clause this time around either. I wouldn't worry about rifles that you already own...

Just saw an update on the NY arson/shooting...

Body found in burned home of killer of 2 firemen

The report says that the individual was armed with a revolver, a shotgun, and...

a military-style .223-caliber semiautomatic Bushmaster rifle with flash suppression, the same make and caliber weapon used in the elementary school massacre in Newtown, Conn.

Curious how they didn't call out the caliber, not to mention the brand of the revolver or shotgun...

Further down in the article...

Emergency radio communications capture someone saying he "could see the muzzle flash coming at me" as Spengler carried out his ambush.

Interesting how they call out that he used evil, deadly "flash suppression" and then point out that it doesn't do anything. No matter, a report like this is all they need to add flash suppressors to the list of evil features once again...

Actually LES, I pulled this gem out of a yahoo article about the shooting.....
" Armed with a Smith & Wesson .38 caliber revolver, a Mossman 12-gauge shotgun, and the Bushmaster, Spengler killed two firefighters, and injured two more as well as an off-duty police officer at the scene. "

Gonna have to do some research on those Mossman shotguns. :)

I'd prefer they left it as "Mossman" on this one.

It's amazing that they feel the need to mention the firearms by brand to begin with...

I agree......It just never ceases to amaze me that the majority of these "journalists" who are so quick to write an article to stoke the anti-gun fires have so obviously never even SEEN a real gun, let alone fired one.

Wonder what would make the cut as a sniper rifle? Would it be by cartridge? Threaded barrels? Type of stock? Bipods?

Carlos killed more Vietcong than some entire platoons with nothing more than a deer rifle in 30-06. Today’s deer rifles are 5 times the weapon Carlos had in just the scope.

However, the news has this Blitzkreig Media Explosion that blinds the everyday American

I found this earlier today and couldn't believe what I was reading. It's about the most irresponsible piece of journalism I have ever heard of. The Journal News rag in White Plains, NY has posted the names and addresses of every concealed permit holder in the area. They even have an interactive map. The people that they put at risk is unreal. They want to severely control "irresponsible" gun owners but they treat the 1st Ammendment like a joke. I wonder how their reporters would like people following them home and posting their addresses on the net. Just goes to show you don't need a permit to be a moron.

This is the crap we are up against.

http://www.wnd.com/2012/12/own-a-gun-we-know-where-you-live/

oli700 said:
Carlos killed more Vietcong than some entire platoons with nothing more than a deer rifle in 30-06. Today’s deer rifles are 5 times the weapon Carlos had in just the scope.

Attachments

• carlos.jpg
    carlos.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 274
That's disgusting. I believe something like that had been done before.

I believe something like that had been done before.
I think you're right but I'm not finding anything on it right now.

Last week when BHO announced Biden to lead the anti gun efforts, the reporters were allowed to ask questions. One after another asked about the fiscal cliff. No one asked about the gun initiative for several minutes. Twitter was jumping with journalists around the country berating the white house press corps for not jumping on the anit gun agenda bandwagon. They are the propaganda arm of the left. If they lose a job I'm sure Pravda in Russia would be glad to have them.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
I'd prefer they left it as "Mossman" on this one.

It's amazing that they feel the need to mention the firearms by brand to begin with...

Well crap... I've been collecting those Mossman's for years... I've also got a couple of Muger's sitting around :lol:

Rossignol said:
Wonder what would make the cut as a sniper rifle? Would it be by cartridge? Threaded barrels? Type of stock? Bipods?

Whoa whoa whoa!

You're asking way too many questions based on logic and reason. Show me what it looks like and I'll tell you if it's a deadly sniper rifle or not...

I can only assume they're actually donating the extra charge, and I totally respect SKD's decision on this! Looks like they're going for 39$ and the extra money made beyond the usual $15 will get donated to the NRA or SOWF.

TO OUR LOYAL SKD CUSTOMERS: These mags will not be made available at our normal price so they can be flipped to take advantage of the current buying frenzy. Nor will we be profiteering off of this current panic like some vendors in our community. In order to make these mags "ASSHOLE-PROOF", we will sell them at or near current market pricing, and donate the difference from our normal price to either the National Rifle Association or the Special Operations Warrior Foundation. If you take issue with this move on our part, please do not write, email, or call to complain- we will not respond. Just take a deep breath, do a little yoga, and channel your energy into doing something productive.

Thought I'd share :)

Haha! That's awesome...the comments at the bottom are great!!

I've done a lot of business with SKD and they've always come through for me. Gotta love 'em for this...

What a load of crap.... yes please lets waste more Gov't money that we don't have, on buying back guns that have already been bought... and spend more money on having LEO come to your house to collect those firearms, and then spend even more "destroying" them..... I hope there's some sense in somone out there! This scares me :evil:

But if Congress balks at banning certain weapons entirely, it could make gun owners an offer they can’t refuse. Instead of $200 a gun, Uncle Sam might offer $500

This is unacceptable, and violates not only the 2nd Amendment but I would also say the 4th.... CRAZY :shock:

Back