• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Finally took the new 590A1 out shooting today!!!

I have had my 590A1 (51411) for a while, but never got around to shooting it until last weekend when I got the chance to go shooting with one of my wife's brothers. This is the first Mossberg I have ever owned, but it won't be my last. Simply put, the damn thing just worked and worked well. Not one single problem.

After 300 rounds and some Frog Lube (I can't recommend this stuff enough) the 590A1s action is very smooth and I suspect it will just get better with more rounds fired through it.

I used to be a fan of Remington, but am a Mossberg man now. Mossberg is definitely more gun for the money.

Congratulations on a gun that fits your needs and am glad you're happy with it.

I also like Mossberg shotguns.

But then again, I also like Remington and Winchester and Stevens, and HR and and and ..... the list goes on : )

John A. said:

But then again, I also like Remington and Winchester and Stevens, and HR and and and ..... the list goes on : )

It's a disease... don't mind John, he's hopeless ;)

The 590A1 is a great pump and one that will never leave my possession!

aksavanaman said:
It's a disease... don't mind John, he's hopeless ;)

bth_thumbs_up_smiley.gif

Alright!...another 51411 owner. I love mine. I'm glad to hear that it's serving you well.

Any other plans for it? Personally I like the KISS (keep it simple stupid) principle so mine doens't have to many mods, just some basics to help improve form, fit and function.

carbinemike said:
Alright!...another 51411 owner. I love mine. I'm glad to hear that it's serving you well.

Any other plans for it? Personally I like the KISS (keep it simple stupid) principle so mine doens't have to many mods, just some basics to help improve form, fit and function.

I too am a KISS kind of guy. The only thing I may do to it is to replace the magazine spring with a wolf magazine spring.

I know it is OT, but are all Mossbergs as smooth as the 590A1? If so I am going to buy a Classic 500 with a walnut stock.

John A. said:

I can't lie, I like anything that goes bang; however, I think Mossberg may be the best value to be had. Does not hurt that most of their guns are U.S. made.

Back