• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Firearm Manufacturer Press release

Midway has been my go to company for many years and this has just reinforced why.

I will continue to support those that "get it" while ignoring those that don't. Doing what's right does not always mean that someone will pat you on the back and say good job, but in this case I will definitely do just that.

In the parking circle around the Capitol, Sen. Greg Brophy created a stir by having Magpul, an Erie-based ammunition-magazine manufacturer, park a Unimog — an enormous four-wheel-drive vehicle — with a Magpul logo in his spot. The company has threatened to leave Colorado if one of the gun measures, limiting ammo rounds, passes. ;)

"limiting ammo rounds" :lol:

I appreciate your share, Mike! Always do, your posts are informational and up to date! But man... the press is awesome with their terminology! :|

Thanks Rick. I need to kick myself. I was so caught up in the humor of a Magul Unimog parked at the capitol that I missed the stupidity of that line!...good catch to point it out.

Firearms Equality Movement

First time I'd heard of this. Makin some waves. Hopefully DC will pay attention. :D

On February 22, "Right Views" reported that a growing number firearm companies have suspended the sale of guns to states, counties, cities and municipalities that restrict their citizens' rights to own them.

In just two weeks, the number of companies participating in what has been named the "Firearms Equality Movement," has more than tripled from 34 companies to 118.

The Police Loophole lists every company and links to the statements that each has released regarding their new policies.

Wilson Combat, a custom pistol manufacturer located in Berryville, Arkansas, joined the movement on February 28 stating the following:

"Wilson Combat will no longer provide any products or services to any State Government imposing legislation that infringes on the second amendment rights of its law abiding citizens. This includes any Law Enforcement Department, Law Enforcement Officers, or any State Government Entity or Employee of such an entity. This also applies to any local municipality imposing such infringements."

Wilson lists the states included on its no sale policy as: California, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Washington D.C. and The City of Chicago, Illinois.

The statement also reads:

"Wilson Combat will in NO way support the government of these states or their anti-gun agenda that only limits the rights of law-abiding citizens. Wilson Combat will continue to supply any product and/or service they can legally sell in these states to all non-government affiliated citizens."

http://cnsnews.com/blog/gregory-gwyn-wi ... s-equality

Re: Firearms Equality Movement

I can see the jackwagon Attorney General filing discrimination charges against the companies that follow suit. But it is great to see more companies joining the bandwagon!!! Maybe, just maybe, if this snowball gets bigger some of our leaders will get the hint that "We the People" aren't screwing around on this issue...

It is great to see this beginning to snowball but we all have to keep fighting.

i have mixed feeling about this. i like how they are making a statement, but i hope it don't put any LEOS or good citizens in danger.

Nice John. Your post got me wondering about Magpul leaving Colorado. I checked and they still are. They were ready to make an announcement when the bombing in Boston happened and out of respect they have delayed that. Sounds like we'll know soon though.

Stag is making a ban friendly ar15 prototype...

http://www.wfsb.com/story/22112018/conn ... nned-rifle

NEW BRITAIN, CT (WFSB) -

One Connecticut gun maker said it would move out of the state if lawmakers expanded the ban on assault weapons, but now that same company is taking a look at modifying the AR-15.

Before some of the toughest gun laws in the country were passed, officials with the Stag Arms in New Britain said further modifications to the AR-15 would make it impossible to sell in Connecticut.

Eyewitness News has learned that the company is working on making a modified assault weapon to fit the ban.

"We are carefully looking at the new law and there are some things we interpret to be legal," said Stag Arms owner Mark Malkowski. "We have gotten a lot of feedback from our customers and they have given us ideas for changes."

Malkowski said the company is putting together a prototype, which they plan to show the weapons unit at the state police on Friday.

Officials with Stag Arms sells AR-15s, the only product it produces, all over the United States and to other countries, but less than 5 percent of its sales are made in Connecticut.

Gov. Dannel P. Malloy supported the ban, but did met with the gun manufacturers because he does not want them to leave, especially since the industry creates hundreds of jobs.

"It says gun companies will do anything to sell guns," Malloy said when recently asked about the topic. "I can't prejudge something that I haven't seen or analyze. People make things to sell them."

As for leaving Connecticut, officials with Stag Arms said it is still an option. Last week, Malkowski said he met with the governor of Texas and next week, the governor of Kansas.

Copyright 2013 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Back