• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Firing Pin Protruding from Bolt

Quick update...

Went around my local gun stores asking about getting a bolt. A lot of blank looks as always and the always funny answer... Just send it in to mossberg (sorry not waiting 5 weeks).

Called havlin sales today. They had it in stock and are shipping out to me tomorrow so I should have it this weekend.

I love them. I do.

cool, let me know if you ever want to fix the old one and I'll help you through it.

I do. Crazy with work and wedding stuff right now. Will post picks this weekend of the old. I bet I can fix it with a new firing pin washer. Just getting it disassembled is a PITA.

glad Havlin was able to help you out.
go get married and worry about it later. :)

Water Monkey said:
I do. Crazy with work and wedding stuff right now. Will post picks this weekend of the old. I bet I can fix it with a new firing pin washer. Just getting it disassembled is a PITA.

hey monkey,i was thinking after you get settled down,if you want stop by my house and i'll give you a hand repairing the old bolt.

no problem,,,,just remember,,,,,

:lol:

Attachments

• Army-Pushups---23091.jpg
    Army-Pushups---23091.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 95
OK did I mention I LOVE Havlin Sales? Well I do. They ALWAYS come through. 3 day turn around time every time for me.

Got the new bolt and set her in. Gonna need to work her in she's a little stiff.

Here are the two bolts together:

8620731596_6880da5f1b.jpg

Here's a top view notice the difference in springs:

8619629529_733743a1c3.jpg

Here's a look at the back notice how the back of the firing pin is almost flush on the old one:

8620730788_0afdfbf223.jpg

,,,,,looks like the spring has opened up because of the missing washer.

,,,,,and as far as Havlin goes,,,,,,,

Attachments

• outstanding.jpg
    outstanding.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 80
old mossy said:
Water Monkey said:
I'm going to have to order a punch and hammer set to get into the bolt and firing pin.

It fired fine last I took it out. But I dont want to ignore a possible issue down the road.

unless you are going to use them for heavy duty use,take a ride over to harbor freight,,,,

CENTEREACH, NY #00376 (0.7 mi)
1932 MIDDLE COUNTRY ROAD
CENTEREACH,NY 11720
631-585-2374
Store hours:
M-F 8:00AM-9:00PM
SAT 8:00AM-9:00PM
SUN 9:00AM-6:00PM
Oh man.....rode my bike all over that road back in the day. Man...I miss L.I. :(

Oh man.....road my bike all over that road back in the day. Man...I miss L.I. :([/quote]

,,,,it has changed quite a bit. :(

Back