• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

First day out with 715t

burton

Copper BB
Bought the 715t and had it out for the first fire yesterday. More than pleased for what I paid for it. The only ammo I found was the cheapy Super X Winchester, was 333rds for $13. I picked up 4 extra 10 round mags with it. Glad I did, even with the loader that's included, it went through ammo too quick lol.

I had read all the comments about fail to fires and fail to ejects, so I expected somewhat of a hassle, how ever I was more than surprised considering all the negativity. Out of a 333rd box I had about a dozen fail to fires, only 2 fail to eject, and one that got jammed in the chamber and bent the head of the round. I blame that on Winchester as I had bad luck with rifle rounds from them as well (mostly no-fires).

The gun itself performed excellent. I literally took it out of the box, and started firing it. No cleaning, no prep, just load and shoot. I experienced no issues with the magazines. I didn't buy it for accuracy, but I routinely got it within ~2inch at 25 yards with the open sights. I may pick up a red dot sight just for simplicity. Spent some time shooting cans and bottles as well, that was the fun part. The action didn't feel gritty when loading the first shell like I had been told it would.

I'd recommend this for anyone wanting a fun shooter for the camp.

Also I've included a picture of some rounds that hit the snow on the ground (while firing at a can)and bounced off the snow. I didn't know they'd not penetrate snow, but after talking with some others they said it's normal with 22s. Neat fact.

Attachments

• 715t1a.jpg
    715t1a.jpg
    264.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 715t3a.jpg
    715t3a.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 19
Congrats on the new rifle and successful range day!

I've seen bullets do some wierd stuff under certain conditions. Did some river shooting a while back and watched as 9mm rounds bounced off the water surface like skipping stones at over 1100 fps. Pretty crazy stuff...

Welcome to the forum from NY and congrats on your new Mossy.

Hey burton! Congrats on the new purchase! For your FTF/FTE issues you could try a higher velocity .22LR cartridge like a CCI Mini-Mags or Stingers. Little more costly but definitely fewer issues with the semi-auto action. My ol' Winchester semi-auto chokes on anything but HV ammo. Higher velocity will get you a cleaner/crisper cycling of the action.

Thanks guys, and cmcdonald I'll be sure to pick up some HV ammo, this was all I could find that day tho. I was out again today with about the roughly the same number for fail to fires. Still very impressed with the 715t for a fun little gun.

You are most welcome! Enjoy your 715T!!

That's great that it worked well for you. Enjoy your 715T as well as the MO forum!

Back