• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

First look at my 930SPX

cadjak

.22LR
My 930SPX order arrived at the dealers yesterday. It is a 10 day wait in my state, so all I could do was check to see which version it was. Mine has the standard, non-pistol grip stock. It looked to have all the latest changes on it; heavy barrel, higher front sight, and new style charging handle. Glad to say the front sight was dead nuts, centered. The FCG (trigger group) did have a fair amount of looseness, and there were two rub marks on the stock and forend from the cardboard box. I couldn't check out the magazine extension other than to see that it appeared to be mounted straight and had no external dings. All in all I don't think I will be looking at many of the problems that have plagued a lot of the 930spx guns. (did I just jinx myself by saying that?)

I want to thank m24shooter for his work keeping us posted on the various potential issues with this model. It felt good to have the information ahead of any problem, rather than running into them down the line.

Oh my, thankfully I live in Texas and have no wait period. And I agree that its going to be a long 10 days!! But it'll be better than Christmas when you finally have it in your possession!! Congrats! 1 down, 9 to go!

I live in Washington. No wait on long guns. Pistols are funny. It's 5 days, unless they get to it sooner! Seriously. "If they call us sooner we'll call you" is the policy :lol: Yup! We're real formal out here! :cool:

10 day wait...!!??

Whew...never did understand that!

Especially for a long arm.

It didn't take 10 days for me to get a concealed carry license ( LTCF ) in Pennsylvania.

Congrats tho...and post pics when ya finally get her cad...

Our wait period consist of filing for a permit to purchase and waiting for them to mail it (usually 30 days in all). Not even required for long guns. Can walk out of the store with a pistol that day so long as you have your permit to purchase, and it's good for one year (or till November).

I feel your pain though. I'm just waiting to get my next check with all this over time on it to go pick up my new 500! 3 more days! :D

Back