• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

FL stopped concealed weapons background checks for a year because it couldn’t log in.

Pawpaw

.30-06
Supporter
http://www.tampabay.com/florida-pol...-checks-for-a-year-because-it-couldnt-log-in/

A previously unreported Office of Inspector General investigation found that in February 2016 the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services stopped using a FBI crime database called the National Instant Criminal Background Check System that ensures applicants who want to carry a gun do not have a disqualifying history in other states.

The employee in charge of the background checks could not log into the system, the investigator learned. The problem went unresolved until discovered by another worker in March 2017 — meaning that for more than a year applications got approved without the required background check.

I'll be the first to admit that I am not a fan of further laws that restrict our gun rights.

With that said, I do believe that current laws should be followed in regards to background checks. Being a former FFL for almost a decade, I do see the purpose of running a 2 minute background check to ensure that the purchaser is not a prohibited person.

I think if you are KNOWN prohibited person it should be very easy to find out for FFLs.

It is here, once you manage to get logged on to the system. LOL

BUT It's not always a cakewalk. The system is prone to occasional glitches, delays and restorations.

When a local FFL changed his address and renewed his paperwork he found that the system had not been updated and they were still listing his old address. When he enquired, they told him just to file for a letter of temporary extension.

He came to find out they've been telling some FFLs this for 2 years ! .....because they are so far behind on their paperwork. Guys are filing for temporaries repeatedly because they can't get things corrected in Sacramento.

I think that people who have a difficulty figuring out the difference between a magazine and a clip, or how to use a Windows phone or an Android phone instead of a BlackBerry phone, need to be sent to a home where they do harmless things like paint small wooden toys and make creative projects with macaroni and Elmers glue.

Somehow we have about 50 million fools who believe such people would make good presidents.

We used to have a law that if you couldn't read and understand certain questions, you would not be allowed to vote.

Along the way they decided this was a bad idea, because some people couldn't read and write well enough, nor understand those questions (for debilitating cultural reasons that somehow still did not disqualify them from voting.)

2+2 is not 4 ???

Fortunately we have a lot of wonderful and charitable people running around the country, telling the uninformed how they should vote if they want to be better off. If they can recognize the picture of a particular animal then they don't have to think any harder than that. Hey thinking is a lot of hard work and you can tell by how many people seem to avoid thinking before they act.

The Tampa Bay Times also sponsors Politi"fact"--'nuf said... :rolleyes: Adam Putnam is a "good" guy and will make a great governor. Ron Desantis is ALSO a good guy, but needs to spend a couple more years in DC--it is not his "time" to run for gubna. Both of them chewing each other up before the primaries will let a Dumpocrap become FL Governor which is a VERY BAD THING! :eek:

Back