• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Flex adapter needed

patracy

.22LR
New member here. I have an older mossberg 500 that I was building on the cheap. I picked up a AR style stock for it yesterday. But it turns out to be a "flex" stock. I have seen people here removing the adapters to go to a standard stock. But I've searched all over the web to see where I can find the adapter that mounts to the mossberg receiver. I haven't been able to find one yet. I'm kinda getting the feeling that mossberg doesn't sell this part? And I haven't found one for sale used yet. Anyone have any advice?

Thanks!

Maybe try the contact listed here on the board see if you get an answer? Noticed midway has the adapter pistol grip and stock for $99 not bad

Maybe try the contact listed here on the board see if you get an answer? Noticed midway has the adapter pistol grip and stock for $99 not bad

Contact?

I did email mossberg, but basically got a canned reply of "If your shotgun is a flex it will work, otherwise it won't". So I'm guessing they won't sell it.

I don't need the stock or a pistol grip. I just need the adapter that mounts to the receiver. I don't see that for sale anywhere.

This is what I need.

Attachments

• mossbergadapter.jpg
    mossbergadapter.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 10
Got an email back, "the adapter is not sold". So basically I'm stuck with a paperweight. Guess I'll either put it in the mill and recess it enough to fit against the receiver square and drill out the center. Or I'll just look for another adapter.

Funny how mossberg is pushing this flex system to keep buyers in their market. But offering up a part to older mossberg owners isn't something they want to do. I guess I should run out to buy a brand new flex equipped shotgun so I can have the privilege of being tied to their exclusive offerings.

I've always liked the mossberg 500. But I doubt I'll ever buy anything else new from them.

I know it wasnt the answer you were looking for but ,at least he replied with a better response then mossberg did. Were you trying to use the collapsable stock without a pistol grip?

I know it wasnt the answer you were looking for but ,at least he replied with a better response then mossberg did. Were you trying to use the collapsable stock without a pistol grip?

Oh yeah certainly. He provided a better response than Mossberg did. I'm trying to use a collapsible (AR style) stock with a pistol grip. But the one I have mounts to that silly flex adapter. I have found this that I might use if machining what I have doesn't fit like I want.

$_12.JPG

So that stock will not work with a commercial or military buffer tube that kinda sucks! Nice set up by the way!

As can I. :cool:

Dooood!!! Nice...real nice. I would make it myself if I had milling machine. Just gotta find some decent material at a good price.
What have you made so far on it?

So this is what you end up with once you get a bunch of hot air from Mossberg.

You hack up their stock into something that bolts onto a mossberg with no problem. I added a folder to it while I was at it. I was trying to stay under $200 for it total. Went over a bit at $209.71 in it.

Started as a 28" gun. Hacked it down to 18.25" with the mill.

10629458_826576174031237_8200818998560053290_o.jpg

10644656_826576094031245_5217604174898054715_o.jpg

IMAG3816.jpg

IMAG3817.jpg

Daddy likes! :) What are the LOPs?

LOPs? List of parts?

The parts would be:
Mossy 500 of course
Mossberg flex 6 position stock
UTG folder
Unknown brand forend (traded a box of ammo for it)
Used a spare 5/16 machine screw I had laying around that I cut down in length.

The Flex stock needs to have the back end milled out at a angle to keep the bolt fastening parallel to the 500's receiver. Part of the boss that sticks out inside the AR style tube has a metal insert. This is why you'd need a mill to make it work. Also the tail end of the trigger guard needs the pocked opened up to allow the flex stock to flush up against the receiver. I just used the mill to open it up a bit and a hand drill to blend it in a little better.

Back