• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Free fore grip retaning nut wrench

A

Anonymous

Yep I took apart my 500 and I was Wanting to remove the fore grip but with
My lack of patience I found a wrench in the fork and spoon drawers .... As u can see from the pictures I use a fork and press down in the notches and it causes no damage to the finish . Enjoy your free wrench

Attachments

• IMAG0135.jpg
    IMAG0135.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 415
  • IMAG0140.jpg
    IMAG0140.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 415
The choke wrench also works well for this.
Your way would seem to give you better leverage on a stuck nut.

I use an AR/1911 combo tool. Works well for the mossy forend nut too. ;)

192388.jpg

Just tried my AR tool for breaking down my 835. Worked like a champ.

Excellent idea, free is awesome! I've used an allen wrench too! ;)

Thanks for the pics too, well done!

Nice Mossberg thanks for the pictures, how do you like the Speedfeed stock set? I noticed on my speed feed stocks that I have the same gap around the forend nut as in your picture.

I use the back portion of the shell stop as a forend nut wrench. It works!

Hey gunner the fore grip is a fab brand but I have seen the one that looks just like it I'm thinking about getting a houge but I like all the rail the I have if I need it /

Not a speed feed forend? I saw the gap and because it looked familiar I assumed it was a speed feed forend :)

I just picked up a Hogue Tamer set, (pistol grip and forend) no rail on the forend though. At first glance it looks good. Interested to see if is easy to install and the fit is tight and clean no gaps or slopieness.

Back