• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Front Sight Is Off

I was finally able to pick up my new 590 Special Purpose Magpul with the Ghost Ring Sights, Model Number 50669 from my FFL today.

When I picked it up I did a function check and confirmed everything was included that should be. When I got home I was further inspecting the gun and getting ready to break it down and give it a good cleaning.

That's when I noticed that the front sight is slightly canted to the left. It's not major, but noticeable.

The place I ordered it from sold out the same day they were posted, so sending it back to them is out of the question. They'd probably pass the buck on to Mossberg anyways.

Has anyone else encountered this problem with their ramped front sights?

I'm not one to raise a fuss with a company I like, and have supported before. But I also know if I pay good money, everything should be right with the product. I looked for this gun for quite a while, and would hate to have to exchange it for a different model.

Suggestions on what to do or who to contact?

Contact OFM. The canted front sight has been an issue in the past but I haven't heard about in a while. It was primarily an issue on the 930 SPX and Mossberg had a heck of a time meeting demand and a number of guns came out of the factory with canted sights. They should be able to replace the barrel.

I'd call and stay on the line.

Like I said, he has helped many members here.

Keep us posted.

I emailed Mr Zakher shortly after old mossy suggested I do so.

I just received an email from him. He said they will ship a new barrel out A.S.A.P. along with a packing slip to return the old one. He also said to tell everyone here at the Forum Hello.

I'm extremely impressed with his quick response, and very happy I stuck with Mossberg for my new shottie. Thanks for suggesting Mr Zakher, old mossy!

I'm glad it's going to be taken care of.

Mr. Zackhar probably gets tired of us giving out his email so often, but for some reason, Mossberg hires some of the worst customer service reps that ever was, so when we find someone that does a great job, leaves us with few alternatives when people come here asking what to do.

Actually, that may be a bit harsh and unfair. The CSR's have always been nice to me, but most of the ones I have spoken with have no idea what they need to do or how to do it, so they are instructed from generic FAQ sheets that may cover a lot of things, except what you're asking about.

I don't really blame the CSR's for that, I direct that at Mossberg themselves for not training them better, but everyone has their own opinion. That just happens to be mine.

I have a broken trigger on my 500 that won't engage the safety for years now because instead of allowing me to pay $6 for a small mailer box and let me mail them my trigger group to them for repair, they insisted that I ship the whole gun ($30+) for a $5 part.

Uh, no.

Maybe I should contact Joe too now that it's on my mind again?

I have a Winchester 1300 that patterns a little to the right of the point of aim. I can't tell that the sight is drilled incorrectly, but it bugs me nonetheless.

Did you shoot the gun and see how it shot first before asking for a return?

No I didn't even bother taking the gun out to shoot.

It's a model with the ghost ring rear, and ramp front sight. When the front ramp was welded to the barrel, it ended up being about 1/32 off center. Not a lot. But with the eye naturally centering the front blade in the rear peep, it would have fired off to the right of the point of aim. Wouldn't have been a big deal if it were just a front bead off a bit. But the blade was too noticeable and would effect point of impact too much.

Gotcha.

With the bead on my 1300, it looks really good.

But with slugs, will shoot a good 3 inches to the right of point of aim at 25 yards. Just how it's made I guess.

Mr.Zakher is number one!!! Only one word for that,,,,,,

View attachment 11080

Thank you for keeping us posted.

He has helped me promptly on a few occasions as well, I guess that's why I'm a little disappointed that I haven't heard back from him despite sending two emails (2/10 & 2/17) on problems with my brand new 590A1. Oh well, maybe I used up my share of Mossberg Owner's Forum goodwill, just have to take my chances and call I guess.

I would try one more email to Mr. Zakher. Don't forget he just got back from shot show and is probably swamped.;)

Just wanted to report back, Mr Zakher answered my last email and is arranging for some parts to be sent.

All is now right in the Mossberg customer service world :D

Back