• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Full length bore mop...

Hey fellow gun owners. I was just wonderin if anybody else using a full bore mop? I use one and really helps finishin the cleaning process in my 28" bore to my 835 Ulti Mag. These things are really great. Almost like polishing the bore. Btw, I have another question. How do you use a bore brush in a polished bore? Wil it scratch it up? I know that this shotgun is used but from inspecting the bore, it looks like it was well taken care.

Don't know much 'bout bore mops, but glad you like it.

As far as the bore brushes go, stick to the bronze brushes and you'll have a pretty hard time scratching the barrel. The metal cleaning rods are more likely to cause damage than the bushes, so using a rubber coated rod will be a lot better for your barrel in the long run...

Thanks. I do have a few .12 gauge bronze bore brushes lying around. And yeah I need to get me one of those full length rubber coated cleaning rods. I just have not got around doing so yet.

Yes Sir,

Cleaning tools damaging the barrel is a much bigger concern when you have rifling to preserve. In a smoothe bore, if steel shot flying through there at 1200fps or faster doesn't hurt it then you don't have much to worry about during cleaning...

I took all my old rods and covered them with heat shrink tubing. Saved the cost of replacing rods. Works out fine for me.

Mike

Snaggletooth said:
I took all my old rods and covered them with heat shrink tubing. Saved the cost of replacing rods. Works out fine for me.

Mike

thanks mike,,,,,great idea.

Back