• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Get-home Bags (GHB)

Mudinyeri

20g
"Philanthropist"
Do you keep a bag in your vehicle or on your person with the necessary supplies to get home in the event of a disaster. We have one of these in each of our vehicles: High Sierra Kahuna 70 Hydration Pack. You can find them at eBags.com

68401_01.jpg

They were only $20 a piece and can really hold a lot of gear as well as 2 liters of water. I also keep a couple liter bottles of water in each of my vehicles.

In each GHB, I have the following:

- Handheld CB
- Latex Gloves
- N95 Mask
- Notebook
- Pen, Pencil, Sharpie
- LED Flashlight
- Leatherman
- Knife
- Spare AA and AAA Batteries
- Disposable Poncho
- Space Blanket
- 6 Clif Bars
- 3 Snack Packs of Nuts

In the winter I also keep winter weather gear in my vehicles, including boots.

In addition to the GHB, each of my vehicles has the following:

- Jumper Cables
- Tow Strap
- Folding Shovel
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Duct Tape

On each of our key rings, I have one of the ResQMe miniature life hammers/seat belt cutters.

What's in your GHB or vehicle?

I used to be much more vigilant with this stuff and have kinda let it go in the recent couple of years.

Man, I used to! :D My wife couldnt figure out why I needed it and kept making me move it, or she would take it out and I'd find it in my shed or something...

In my jeep I have a big tubberware bin filled with everything from MREs to an axe to bug spray.

DHonovich said:
In my jeep I have a big tubberware bin filled with everything from MREs to an axe to bug spray.

You keep an axle in a tupperware bin? :lol: I covered my spare axle shafts with fabric and strapped them to the roll bars.

Mudinyeri said:
DHonovich said:

You keep an axle in a tupperware bin? :lol: I covered my spare axle shafts with fabric and strapped them to the roll bars.
I upgraded all the shafts so I am less worried about them braking but I used to carry spares.

I have a ghb/sol bag that I have been puting together over the last year. It has a full first aid kit as well as some basic survival gear. I have made it a combination of get-home and bug out supplies. I'm still working on it and looking to add the supplies needed to last a good week on foodstuff and longer with other basic survival items if needed.

I have a cheap ChinaMart backpack and cheap supplies in my truck (water, canteen, food, paracord, etc). Cheap HF machete included. I keep an old sleeping bag in plastic also. I would not keep my nice stuff there.

Back