• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

goin to the range!

Dang that range was crowded. lots of folks with nothing else to do on a rainy cold saturday I guess.
I had about an hour wait for a lane to open, but once I got in I felt guilty staying more than about an hour because of the large crowd of people waiting. I was worried that I'd need to get a recoil reducer but I didn't have any trouble or discomfort with what I was shooting. I could have stayed in there all day doing that. I really need to find a place outdoors where I can just "blow stuff up" and have some fun with it rather than having to worry about stray pellets damaging their target carriers and charging me $75.

I've already turned some empty shells into practice shells so I can practice loading "on station", cycling etc. I've just got to make them look different than the real shells first.

I have to admit, I ran one magazine with the red dot sight on then I took it off. I remember as a kid having a bb gun that I shot all the time. I got to the point that I hardly had to aim at all and I would hit my target. I think that that is sort of the way I need to approach this shotgun: become so comfortable and familiar with how it feels and moves that the aim point just automatically ends up where i'm looking. Not to say that I'd do anything unsafe, just making the aiming into a sort of unconscious mental process. Im sure that makes it sound alot simpler than it really is.

Back