• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

good evening chaps from cheshire UK

Hi all ,noobie here from the UK currently have a Mossberg 500 , Browning 425 32 inch and a Browning Gold semi auto all used for clays get some strange looks turning up on the clay range with the Mossberg not really accepted over here but what the hell, it looks good ,in the process of getting mods done but most of the bits will be from the USA .cheers for now. :D

Welcome aboard!

You certainly have nice taste in shotguns! We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so be sure to post up some pics of any firearms you own. Stop in and visit all the various sub-forums and let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

thankyou, just waiting for some bits now, will post piccys when there installed but don't laugh at the size of my barrell it's the smallest we can have here in the UK(24 inch) :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum! Glad to see some members from the other side of the pond starting to sign up. People look at you funny over here as well when you show up to a sporting clays tournament with a black Mossberg 930 autoloader. What modifications do you have done to your Mossberg 500? Be sure to check out some of our sister sites as well when you get a chance. We have one dedicated to Browning called http://www.BrowningOwners.com

Good lookin Mossy my friend! only thing... I cant say your name! ;)

Welcome to Mossberg Owners from the US of A!!! We're glad to have you! :D

'ello guvna. sorry, that's my best english accent. welcome.

bit of a sci fi fan ,remember the original 50 's version of the day the earth stood still, well remember the scene when klatu (the alien) asked the lady to give Gort (the big alien thing) a message ,well thats my username KLATU VERADA NIKTO well thats how hear it could be spelt wrong but who cares ,anyway thanks for the welcome chaps and mystery solved.

klatuveradanikto said:
bit of a sci fi fan ,remember the original 50 's version of the day the earth stood still, well remember the scene when klatu (the alien) asked the lady to give Gort (the big alien thing) a message ,well thats my username KLATU VERADA NIKTO well thats how hear it could be spelt wrong but who cares ,anyway thanks for the welcome chaps and mystery solved.

you are correct sir.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0043456/quotes?qt=qt0287247

Helen: Gort! Klaatu barada nikto!

The documentary Decoding "Klaatu Barada Nikto": Science Fiction as Metaphor examined the phrase "Klaatu barada nikto" with some of the people involved with The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951). Robert Wise, director of the film, related a story he had with Edmund North saying North told him, "Well, it's just something I kind of cooked up. I thought it sounded good." Billy Gray, who played Bobby Benson in the film, said that he thought that the message was coming from Klaatu and that, "barada nikto" must mean... "save earth". Florence Blaustein, widow of the producer Julian Blaustein, said North had to pass a street called Baroda every day going to work and said, "I think that's how that was born."

Welcome, I'm a bit of a closet Dr. Who fan, My wife finally got me to watch them, This is the last 4-5 seasons mind you, Not the really old Dr.
My user name may or may not be familiar to you, Its a British import from the early 60's, Triumph :geek:
Anyhow, Welcome once again. :mrgreen:

anytime...i love sci fi...did you see the remake? it was ok. nothing like the original. i only watched it for jennifer connelly and well..just to see if it was any good...meh.

klatuveradanikto said:
WOW, If you guys are this good on sci fi how good are you on Mossbergs looks like i joined the right forum :)

Oh, we are that good! :D. Lol! I get the name now, Thanks!

Brian, I used to watch the old Dr Who ALL THE TIME!

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum !!

The correct phrase from the movie is ... "Klaatu barada nikto"

The phrase was never translated in the film and neither Edmund North nor 20th Century Fox ever released an official translation. This has led to speculation over what the phrase meant. One may be able to get a sense of its meaning by analyzing the context in which it was used.

Towards the end of the film, Klaatu ( Michael Rennie ) is being pursued by the military with orders that he be taken dead or alive. Klaatu tells Helen Benson ( Patricia Neal ) his concern about Gort and requests she memorize the phrase, saying "There's no limit to what he can do. He could destroy the earth... If anything should happen to me you must go to Gort, you must say these words, 'Klaatu barada nikto', please repeat that."

Shortly after, Klaatu is shot and killed. While Klaatu's body is being put in a jail cell, Gort removes himself from the plastic encasement and kills two guards. Helen Benson visits Gort outside the spaceship and just before Gort attacks her, she says, "Gort, Klaatu barada nikto. Klaatu barada nikto." Gort takes Helen inside the spaceship then retrieves Klaatu's lifeless body from the jail and brings him back to life using the alien technology aboard the ship.

1951DaytheEarthStoodStill.jpg

Yea...I'm a Sci-Fi aficionado too. Have both the 1951 original and 2008 remake of the movie on DVD. Grew up ( born 1954 ) reading and watching science fiction...now, most of what was dreamed up is science fact. I watched Neil Armstrong walk on the moon live on TV on July 21, 1969...a day before my 15th birthday...that was awesome!!

Back