• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

I uncovered the motorcycle and tightened the battery up, but I did not start it. The battery is 9 years old, and might not get me home if I shut the engine off.
Hmmm...how much did it cost me to keep the bike on a Battery Tender every day for 9 years?

Try something like this.

61%2BKFUPm21L._AC_UL115_.jpg

From Amazon.com for 40 bux

Car Jump Starter 400A Portalbe 8000mAh Jumper Pack - Up to 4.0L Gas or 2.5 Diesel Engine
by TESSAN

• Powerful Battery Jumper - This jump starter pack can start 4.0L gas or 2.5L diesel engine with 400A of peak current and heavy duty clamps. You don't have to call a friend to help you out, or wait forever for AAA anymore! This could definitely save your day!
  • Portable Power Bank - Other than being a car battery booster, this jump box has a built-in charging cable to offer a direct and fast charge to android devices(5V/1A). There is one more USB port for any devices that desperately need power(5V/2.1A).
  • Bright Flashlight - TESSAN jump pack is equipped with 3 light modes(high, strobe and SOS), the led flashlight shines light where you need it. Whether you need to inspect an engine, change a tire or call for emergency services, it can always help you out.
  • COMPACT PORTABLE - This small jump starter is lightweight enough to carry around, or store in the glove box.
  • Safe Battery Pack - It’s pretty safe to use as you just can’t hook it wrong. If you do, a red indicator lights up reminding you to switch the clamps to the proper polarity. The intelligent clamps also have over-current, over-voltage, overload, over-charge and short-circuit
$39.99 at Amazon.
Similar items available at auto stores and some home improvement stores.
I bought 2 of them in 2017. Jumped a bunch of other people's cars.
It will fit in your motorcycle storage.
Get one now. The no-worry factor is worth it, Cadd. There are a bunch to choose from.
I'm thinking about buying one more so I have one in all the vehicles.

Good morning all. Cloudy and 42 this morning. We'll be close to 50 this afternoon, then a really nice weekend is in store for us. Low 60s Sat and right at 70 Sun.

Dj, take care of that cold and get better real quick. So far I have only been sick two days this winter. The first the day after I got my flu shot, which was the first time I ever had a flu shot. Didn't amount to much, I just felt like crap all day. Then a couple of weeks ago I had the sneezes and sniffles for a day. Other than that has been a good winter, knock on wood.

Cadd, that Nomad probably has forgotten who you are by now. It's time to get that bike back on the road.

Scoop, those are pretty cool starters. I have one of the old style, even has an air compressor on it,LOL. The thing weighs about 30 pounds. It is not something to carry around on a bike, but it works good when needed. I'm going to check out one of the new ones this spring.

You all have a great day and stay safe.

meanstreak said:
Cadd, that Nomad probably has forgotten who you are by now. It's time to get that bike back on the road.

The tires will be "aged" and the hard surface rubber will squeak on the pavement until I scrub it off. The windshield needs replacement, but I had 40k+ miles of care-free fun on Baggins and we loves him forever. That doesn't mean I can't afford to finance a new Indian . . . There's a lovely used Chief sitting at the BMW dealer, but I am afraid that if I walk in there I will want a BMW as well.

I don't want to want one. LOL Great bikes, but I hate the rocket-ship styling.

@Scoop Thanks for the suggestion. I bought those batteries for my daughters at Christmas, a couple years ago & they work.

I could just take a spare battery in the saddlebag. I have a few 14~18ah glassmats sitting around as backups to the computer net. But I am past the out-of-control point in life where I want to ride so bad I will go, even if the bike isn't practically perfect in every way. I rode/drove lots of patched up junk as a kid . . . Whatever I could cobble together.

I want to replace the lead battery in the Slow Nad with two LI batteries. After all, it has two alternators and two regulators. ;)

@fellmann That looks just like I remember it: Snow! Here it only comes in a paper dessert cone & they squirt colored sugar syrup on it. Just kidding . . . We have snow & I can look over the fence and see some on the mountain . . . less than an hour away by car.

The rifle club is only a half-hour away, but being retired I don't go shooting on weekends. Also it is raining, and has been for 2 days, so too many puddles to tramp thru. ;(

Are ya feelin better DJ ?
Drizzly day out this morning.
Feel about same, good news at Dr was negative for strep or flu., he said theres some bug go in around lasts about 5 days, gave me a shot of steroid in the ole butt cheek and some cough medicine, just got ride it out. I'm gonna skip church I hate to miss but not fair to spread germs around. I have a couple indoor things to piddle with today. Y'all have great Sunday enjoy it.

Good morning all. Cloudy, windy, but warm this morning. We are currently at 59 and headed to 70ish. I plan to get the Nomad out for a short ride today. We both could use the exercise.

I have no plans to watch the super bowl . I suppose it depends on what else I might have to do this evening. In other .
words I can take it or leave it. How about the rest of yous ?

I wish you all have a great day whatever endeavor you might undertake.

Back