What's new
Mossberg Owners

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning Mossberg enthusiasts.

I got up too early and it's pitch dark and 55° outside. I'm sitting on the patio having my first cup of tea.

I got some new lights wired up on my utility trailer and I made some little bumpers to protect them, because I'm so tired of fixing those plastic lights.

My father built this trailer from a Montgomery-Ward's kit back in 1961. I was just six years old and I wached him screw it all together while I handed him the 200 nuts and screws that hold it all together.

Dad painted this trailer but it was already fully galvanized. After 56 years the paint is flaking off pretty bad. It may be ugly but It's held up really well Against Time & Rust.

Unfortunately it's not big enough to haul my motorcycle on, so I really need to get a bigger trailer.

Of course it's a family heirloom and I'm finding it difficult to sell the thing. In fact I've had it now for 15 years, and only used it maybe three times.

Why do I find it so difficult to let go of these things?

Good Morning Mossberg Forum !!

...and my buddies Elbert, Scoop, Djcala, meanstreak, CaddmannQ, Terry, and MikeD !!

Good morning Shooter.

Well I'm cleaning a couple of rifles and I'm going to work on a shotgun.

Thursday I spent $150 on a wobbly old 16ga. single shot Springfield, that I'll probably rebuild completely, shoot three times, and then hang it up on the wall.

It's pitted, loose and, the screws are stripped out of the wood, but mostly I bought it because I thought it had fantastic-looking burl walnut under the massive patina. Plus it is an antique with an exposed hammer.

We'll see what it's really about next week when I get it from the shop. Of course I had to have another 10 day background check, and there's still a few days to go.

Meanwhile I bought that nice Boyd's furniture that Moe had up for sale here and I'm going to mount that up on my Mossy 500 breacher & post some photos.

It's an interesting gun but it's just too tacticool for my taste. I thought this would make it more appealing to me. Plus I just can't deal with the huge plastic forearm.

I was going to cut the Boyd's butt stock into a parrot's head but it's going to be tough for me to take a saw to that brand new piece of unscratched Walnut.

That boyds was a nice grab. Gotta love nice wood stock.
Thank goodness for 10 day cool down whew wouldnt want a legal purchaser going spur of the moment crazy with a single shot antique 16 bore.

Especially some nutcase like me that's been buying a Dozen guns a year before the Democrats run the damn prices up through the ceiling and he can't afford them anymore.

I have had over 25 background checks and passed every one.

You would think eventually they would figure out that I'm not a criminal. I am just a retired engineer that likes to shoot targets, but I have had more f****** background checks than Obama has ever had, and
they made that communist traitor bastard president and gave him nuclear missile codes.

Good Monday morning to all ! I woke too rain. Having coffee and determined i have absolutely not a thing i need to do. After a busy week thats awesome ! I hope the week brings each of you good health and prosperity.

morning....It's a rainy day so far here too. I'm off to get an old delta wood lathe. $75 on ebay, local pick up. poor guy doesn't know it's worth at least $400....yay for me....

...and my buddies Elbert, Scoop, Djcala, meanstreak, CaddmannQ, Terry, and MikeD !!

Good morning Mossberg owners across the world.

Today is Senior Citizen's Day at the County Fair, and I'm going to take my lovely wife, (although she herself will not be an official senior for another year.)

I, however, I am fully qualified and will get in for free.

The sun is coming up and it appears that it will be a nice day for the fair.

You all have a nice day out there.

Good morning Mossberg owners across the world.

Today is Senior Citizen's Day at the County Fair, and I'm going to take my lovely wife, (although she herself will not be an official senior for another year.)

I, however, I am fully qualified and will get in for free.

The sun is coming up and it appears that it will be a nice day for the fair.

You all have a nice day out there.
I smell funnel cakes and corn dogs. Ymm

Well the first thing that hits you coming in the gate is giant cinnamon buns covered in sour cream icing.

They are large enough to choke a horse and I will probably feed half of mine to some of the livestock under the table.

Good Morning Mossberg Owners!!

Good morning Mossberg forum. Good morning Elbert, Cadd, Dj, MikeD, Shooter, Scoop, and Terry.

Cloudy and 53 this morning. We got some more rain last night which is always welcome this time of year

Have a great day and stay safe.

Good morning to all y'all. It was a beautiful day yesterday and we went to the fair.

The County of Fresno is larger than the state of Connecticut, and we have a big county fair too. Since it was senior citizens day I took my wife and we had a fine time.

The agricultural exhibits this year were the finest I have seen in 10 years. The San Joaquin Valley is turning in a bumper crop of fruit and nuts. The displays of table grapes were incredible. There were huge pumpkins and watermelons & every variety of tree fruit. Stone fruit growing is really big here, but grapes and raisins are the biggest locally.

We always see the 4H and FFA projects, and I was amazed at the number of kids that built elaborate barbecues and smokers. There were cattle racks and fancy picnic tables, a boat trailer and a fancy fire pit welded from CNC cut plate steel.

The winner of the Senior shop projects was this low-boy motorcycle trailer with hidden ramp.
20171010_074436_resized.jpg

This was not the largest or the very most elaborate project but it was certainly interesting, creative and well done.

One of the high school classes built a complete tiny house about 12'x40', and brought it in on a big trailer.

We got to see the art projects, and the livestock, and small animals. We ate cinnamon rolls with cream cheese Walnut icing, We saw the county racing museum, all the local craft work, decorating, wood carvings, needlework, quilting, fly tying, jewellery-making, painting, pottery, sculpture, and lots more.

We got smoked chicken and tri-tip sandwiches from Bad Bubba's BBQ, and drank gourmet draft beer on tap.

We avoided all of the rides and Carnival stuff this year though. It was over 6 hours before we made it to that end of the fairgrounds. Normally we at least ride on the giant Ferris wheel, but we were just too tired to go on.

Last edited:

Good morning Mossbergians , and Elbert, Shooter, Dj, Scoop, Cadd, Terry, and MikeD. 49 and clear in Tulsa this morning. It looks like a couple of excellent days coming up. This is my favorite time of year. I love the colors of the trees when they are changing and the weather is usually calm.

I hope you have a great day and stay safe.