• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Way back when, I had an inkling to be an Army helo pilot (W.O.). A little older, I think 22yo I was, never in the service, ASVAB 100%, some college, no flight training but familiar with flying and aeronautics, I was not THE best candidate. Recruiter brought me and another guy to MEPS, I passed my physical, other guy did not. Commandant brings me in his office: "OK, here is what we will give you. You join as a scout/nav (or whatever they called it) and fly alongside the pilot, then MAYBE after a couple of years you can qualify for W.O. school." "I'll have to go home and discuss it with my dad." "Here's the phone, give him a call." "No, I promised him if it was anything other than Warrant Officer we would sit down and discuss it." "Get out of my office!" The commandant's face was every shade of red. :D Recruiter was cool about it even though he was batting 0/2 that day... :)
I had a similar experience trying to do the same thing in high school. My recruiter was a former tank commander who was doing a temporary gig as a recruiter, very cool guy. Because recruiting wasn't his full time job he was willing to talk about certain programs other recruiters weren't; things like warrant officer school that meant a lot more paperwork to only get one guy to sign up. He helped me through the process getting into WOFT, but a few weeks before I was going down for my flight aptitude test he got his new assignment and headed off to ranger school. I got something like a 79 on the test and never got a call back from the guy I was reassigned to. A few years later I heard some statistics along the lines of Army aviation having one of the lowest job satisfaction rates of any unit in the US, albeit largely due to the well-educated flight officers pulling office duty while the WOs fly, but I went to talk to the Marines not long after.

Just heard about this-

A high school in my area (Bonita High in Pomona, Ca) apparently had a mass "mask revolution" today in protest of mask policy. Students refused to wear masks and were subsequently removed from class. Students kicked out of class eventually filled the gym, the library, and all unoccupied classrooms by the end of the afternoon. This is a school of some 2500 students at least.

I heard they also barricaded them in the gym and turned the air down to freeze them out.

School resource officers was called and asked to do a well check, turned the air off and said it was not a police matter.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

Well the body is off my car and now the real fun work can start.
0BF04BC5-0588-4BF5-B11E-41B854505E54.jpeg

image.jpeg Good morning. I am just about finished with this book. It is very enlightening due to what the world is going through.

It looks like the body removal went well.

I can tell you already, if ten percent of the contents is true, Fauci, Gates, many employees of the NIH, FDA, WHO, NIAID,NGOs, and Pharmaceutical companies executives should all be in prison for the rest of their lives.

Add CDC to that list.

View attachment 26654 Good morning. I am just about finished with this book. It is very enlightening due to what the world is going through.

It looks like the body removal went well.

Everything went very well. It was one of those experiences where there was not one hose, screw or wire to hang things up.

I wish we could so easily extract the pharma business from our tax dole. As soon as the govt starts handing them money, the actual honest science becomes less important than to keep getting all the money.

This is why the money should not come thru elected politicians. They can’t pull the plug without looking evil to the voters. After all, it’s not even their money!

Investors have no such problem when they sell off a bad company.

That is how the free market works, and every time govt sticks their fingers in it, WE get the bill for their folly.

Well, I took a break from the cars yesterday to do some recycling, and clean my aquariums. It is warming and sunny, so today is a lovely day to roll my chassis out and cut it up. I am not quite settled on the frame design yet though.

I have to do things in an order where the car comes out straight, instead of banana shaped from weld draw.

You all have a nice day.

@meanstreak
I cleaned out the work shed so I can get to the Nomad. I need to move the boat and a lot of heavy things to get it out to the garage, but I need the exercise.

I think today is the day. Somehow, I want to ride more than grind and weld. Probably the post Covid brain fog they tell you about.
;)

Good morning all. Another sunny day with mid 60s by mid afternoon. I have a couple of errands to run, and take Bentley to the dog park.

Cadd, the grinding and welding will still be there after you take the Nomad out for a ride.

Have a great day ya'll.

Good afternoon to Nomad owners and Mossberg Owners alike.

Well I did bring the bike out and dust it off, but the battery has not enough capacity to run the computer and the starter at the same time.

So she needs a new battery of course. I knew this would be the case because this is only the second battery in 18 years.

I was charging the batteries on my electric boat when I discovered how filthy it was, and so today she got wheeled out and washed. I scrubbed it all out with bleach & a broom.

It’s got a few more hours of drying in the sun before I can cover her back up.

Chaos in the boat yard.
60F4993E-1AC6-4B8C-B219-5753683F9A09.jpeg

Cadd, I sold mine 2 years ago, or was it three. I have wished many times I had kept it. It was a fine machine that never stranded me for 91,000 miles.

I like the Concours I have, '86 with 45,000 miles, but it's not the same. I bought the Concours 13 years ago with 20 thousand on the speedo. I picked the Nomad up at the shop with one half mile and no one else rode it till I sold it.

@meanstreak

My biggest complain about the Nomad is that it has an oddball size battery that fits no other motorcycle. I’m gonna have to change that if I keep it. I’m tired of paying four times what a battery should cost.

I was hoping to go fishing today but I have a dentist appointment. I will probably just fiddle around in the garage today.

Good morning all. Sunshine again, yay, and a high in the 60s again. The weekend will be cooler, 40s /50s, it is technically winter.

@CaddmannQ, I do recall the battery being a little pricey. I usually could count on about 5 years service.

Ya'll have a great day.

5 years out of ANY vehicle battery isn't bad. I have a dual-purpose bike (1985 Honda XL350) with kick-only so it only needs a batt for brake lights and turn signals. Headlight only works when engine is running. So the 12v batt is on the small AND specific size to fit in the box. I would be lucky to get 2 years out of a battery that costs the same as one twice the size. I paid a little extra for a GEL battery and so far it has lasted 5 years with an occasional trickle charge whether it needs it or not... ;)

Well maybe I’m complaining too much. And my memory is probably faulty here. It now seems to me I have bought two batteries for this motorcycle, so it is on its third battery in 18 years. Soon to be the fourth.

Back