• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning to all of you.

Easter is one of those days I reflect on things and count my blessings. So yesterday, while reading posts here I got to wondering , what happened to Hombre243, Elbert Garrett, Djcala, Water Monkey,and Fellman, just to name a few.

I hope each and everyone of them are doing well and are just busy. There are more, but I can't think of them right off hand.

To the rest of yous, have a great day and be thankful.

I wonder about those guys too. It would sure be nice to know they are all still active somewhere.

I've been doing this since '95, so 27 years now. So many forums and people have come and gone.
It would be impossible to list them all, but many stand out in my memory. So many.....

And fortunately I only remember a couple of the trolls. That's a blessing.

Yeah, there's been a few "who shall not be named" here as well. But overall, I look forward to seeing you guys every day.

Meanstreak, I didn't look at the thermometer today, but it's been cold here. I have a windbreaker and the wind and the chill feels like it goes all the way to my bones.

It became painting weather here. I shot my pole. Umm....Wait. That's not right.
Go see the fishing room!

The wind is picking up a little so I brought it in to dry. Just in time, as the gardeners showed up with the mowers and blowers.

I did a chicken splatted on the WSM yesterday. I'm going to make creamed chicken & veggie gravy over biscuits from the leftovers.
My mom always just made it with toast. Starving kids are easy to please. Biscuits were rare at my house. I'm talking Christmas breakfast here.

My mom only baked a few things, but she was OK there. She made pie way more often than biscuits.

My mom wasn’t a cook by any stretch when I was going up. Popcorn sandwiches kind of cook..lol She made great spaghetti though, didn’t drain the hamburger before mixing it into the sauce. Never knew how much I missed that taste in my later years. Oh well. As far as biscuits go, I’ve taken to making them myself recently. Just the flaky Pilsbury ones from the store, but depending on the meal, I just cut them in half or into quarters before baking if I’m having soup or chowder. Way better than drowning crackers in everything. Lol2B86033B-4030-4452-A166-B1D78D8D8CDD.png

^That's OK, long as we have each other.

Not much we can't manage. Short of asteroids and super volcanoes. And we could probably deal with a little bit of both of those too.

Good morning Mossberg Owners. Fortunately for me Armageddon does not appear on the horizon.

I have been shopping for bicycle but no joy yet. I am not anxious to buy and maybe they are not anxious to sell. Bicycle shops don’t open before 11 or 12 noon here.
I will probably buy something used and customize it.

Y’all have a safe day.

Good morning Mossberg Owners. Fortunately for me Armageddon does not appear on the horizon.

I have been shopping for bicycle but no joy yet. I am not anxious to buy and maybe they are not anxious to sell. Bicycle shops don’t open before 11 or 12 noon here.
I will probably buy something used and customize it.

Y’all have a safe day.
homeless encampment or police auction for the best assortment lol

Good after morning fellas. We had just a small shower or two this morning, now clouds and 70.

Ya'll have a great day.

Good morning to all of you. We have cloudy but warm skies this morning. 66 at 8 am, headed for 80 by mid afternoon.

Ya'll have a great day.

Good Morning Mossberg Owners.
I spent most of yesterday loafing about and cleaning up some fishing gear.
I'd be on the water fishing today, but It's too windy unless you want to sail.

Which also means it's too windy to weld outside.

Otherwise the weather continues to be very mild, particularly in the afternoons.

My best friend from highschool, and the only one I still keep up with, has moved to Oklahoma. He's in a new subdivision down by TInker AFB.
He moved there to avoid those Minnesota winters.

There was a huge storm the night they moved in there, and there is no storm shelter.
I think he might start digging....

LOL you guys have a nice day.

Assortment is right.
I’d might as well go magnet fishing!

May pan out in your favor.

I hear there are a lot of boat wrecks.

Last time I found a gun, I called the police. Said it didn't come back stolen, but they wouldn't let me keep it. Despite that it wasn't involved in a crime and I did find it on our property.

So, from now on, finders keepers. Don't ask, don't tell. Loose lips sink ships.

Only reason I don't feel too bad about it, it was a high point 45. Probably one of the ugliest handguns ever made.

Good morning .70 and hazy this morning. High this afternoon around 80 and a bit windy.

I started going to a senior exercise class this week at one of our om unity centers. It meets Monday-Wednesday-Friday, so today I have class in about an hour and a half. Later today the dog park beckons.

I hope you all have a great day.

Good for you.

Lord knows that I need to lose some weight and maybe help me breathe better too. Right now, I have to hold my breath to tie my own shoes until I straighten back up.

DE839382-339C-4273-BEB6-A1CF6B3E01EF.jpeg I’m kinda envious of all the warm days several of you have posted about. We’ve only had one 70 degree day and a handful of 60s this year. It has however given me time to work on some low cost projects around the house. I had planned to re-do the ends of my front porch this spring to better control the breeze blowing through. But building materials are still a little too rich for my blood, so I cut out some pre pandemic panels I had and slipped in some old glass. And by old, I mean the door glass from my 79 Chevy Luv parts truck..lol. The shapes of the glass and the compound curves of the glass should make for some interesting shadows this spring.

Good morning to all of yous. 67 and still windy. This is the third day in a row of steady wind in excess of 20 mph and gusts 35+. Oh well, it is springtime.

Rod, that is a unique use of the old windows from the truck. +1 for ingenuity and recycling.

Ya'll have a great day.

Good morning to all of yous. 67 and still windy. This is the third day in a row of steady wind in excess of 20 mph and gusts 35+. Oh well, it is springtime.

Rod, that is a unique use of the old windows from the truck. +1 for ingenuity and recycling.

Ya'll have a great day.
Thanks. That poor truck has been through the ringer. Years ago, one of my young crewmen got in some financial trouble but wouldn’t just take my money, so I bought his old parts truck from out in the swamp it was half buried in. Lol These are actually the last of the 4 windows I’ve used from it. The flat glass rear window was inset into my daughter’s closet door for years and the entire windshield assembly, glass, seals and surrounding sheet metal was cut off, I welded in some reinforcements and side struts and used it as an awning on my bedroom window for a long time so my wife could sleep with the window open in the rain. I only junked it when I extended the eaves in preparation for the steel roof. Oh, and supposed to be half way nice weather here for the weekend with the rain returning Sunday afternoon. Might get to 60F..

Back