• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning guys. I was trying to login on my Linux system in the living room and for some reason the Mossberg site won’t allow me to login under Firefox. The menu simply does not exist.

Good morning MOers. We got our rain last night. The only lasted about an hour, but I reckon we got over an inch. Some folks had severe thunderstorms but we missed the bad ones. Today is cloudy and cool, like mid to high 50s.

I went in to have an adjustment on my hearing aids this morning. They adjusted the max volume down 8db. Went from 114 to 106. I can tell a nice difference already. I go back in May for another adjustment.

I hope you all have a great day.

Good morning guys. I was trying to login on my Linux system in the living room and for some reason the Mossberg site won’t allow me to login under Firefox. The menu simply does not exist.
I have had a few periodic and brief issues over the last week or two just bringing up the page prior to login. Not every time but a few times Firefox (on Windows) can't find MO on the first try. Not sure what that means if anything at all.

Good morning MOers. We got our rain last night. The only lasted about an hour, but I reckon we got over an inch. Some folks had severe thunderstorms but we missed the bad ones. Today is cloudy and cool, like mid to high 50s.

I went in to have an adjustment on my hearing aids this morning. They adjusted the max volume down 8db. Went from 114 to 106. I can tell a nice difference already. I go back in May for another adjustment.

I hope you all have a great day.
Wow! 6db is 1/2 volume, so 8 db is a lot.
Lol. Half of very loud is still loud.

Beauty of a day today, Wednesday. Low 60s and lots of sun. More of the same tomorrow with a little warmer temp.

Y’all have a great Thursday.

Good middle of the night to yous. We had much appreciated rain today and a high of 61.

I think it’s ammo time this month. I can’t decide whether I should buy some of what I have, or some of a caliber I’d like to have. That might motivate me to buy a new, or new to me, rifle. Lol. I suppose that is bass ackwards.

Y’all have a good one.

Good middle of the night to yous. We had much appreciated rain today and a high of 61.

I think it’s ammo time this month. I can’t decide whether I should buy some of what I have, or some of a caliber I’d like to have. That might motivate me to buy a new, or new to me, rifle. Lol. I suppose that is bass ackwards.

Y’all have a good one.

Always good to have some extra barter ammo on hand. Something that is common that you see people around you using.

.22 LR always a good choice. Plus a box of small plastic bags for repackaging. Be surprised what you can get for a handful of .22 LR rounds!

Regards

An early good morning….

After removing the core twice, I made a good transformer from this one.
I really didn’t need to add those 8 windings, as I did the first time.

This one had an extra coil for 12vdc, 11 turns of 14 ga. There was also a fine gage coil, as part of the original regulator circuit.

(For this test, I must be the regulator.)

Removing the two extra coils increased efficiency & reduced heat.

Here is my test rig on the bench, with new ac cord from that new fridge I disassembled & lightly used clamps/wires from Dad’s failed charger. I used plumber’s epoxy putty for my 120v wiring. I kept all the wires as short as possible.
70E8C1DC-39D7-41DD-B7C0-9D8B4FB2DD77.jpeg

I did leakage checks and diode checks, then powered it up for the first time, unhooked from the batteries. Draw spiked at 6 amps then fell to 4. No-load voltage was only 36.4vdc at the clamps. ;-(

Oh no!

This is another failure… I took out 7.5 turns and now it’s too low. Not high enough to charge this nearly 39 volt pack. Curses aplenty, mates! I don’t want to strip that core again!

BUT . . . Then I hooked it up.
As the batteries charged from about 36.7v initially to 40.7 volts in under 3 minutes, I was very happy about the performance.

In that time, charging voltage topped out about 50 volts, and current draw dropped to just 2.6 amps.

Here it is in the boat, cranking out 47.48 volts into 3 rv batteries, from just 2.9 amps @ 121.2vac. They have been on about 1 minute. These batteries haven’t been charged in about 50 to 60 days.
77247D87-5BEF-417B-89F2-28E0F30E4319.jpeg
I was very pleased!

Now I need to go fishing so I can discharge the batteries, and do a better test.

Good morning to all of yous. It was a cool 42 when I let the dog out at 7am. He loves that weather.he ran around the yard for a good 15 minutes or so before he came in for breakfast. This weekend should be in the low 80s for high and high 50s for lows. Very nice indeed.

You all have a great day.

Back