• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Got my girlfriend Western Auto Revelation 16 ga pump today.

Oldcarnieken

.270 WIN
Excellent condition for a good price.. Got plenty of ammo including #1 buck & slugs since I've got a Stevens 16 ga SxS... Wish I could find an 18.5 barrel for hers too. I been looking but so far no joy... Pics will be up soon...

That sounds like a really great shotgun to add to your collection. Congrats.

Pics or I'll be very sad.

How cool.

I love 16 gauge stuff.

OK this is taken with the so-called camera on my tablet... Sorry about the quality or lack thereof... Hopefully ill be getting a new camera soon....IMG_20150723_201742.jpg

We're gonna try & get out & burn some gunpowder this weekend, she has very little experience with guns, but she's NOT afraid of them & shes ready & willing to learn.... I want her to take her time & have fun...Good thing Ive got ALOT of 16 ga birdshot ! LoL

I found a western field 16 pump at one of the online auction sites for $100 buy it now. I'm tempted.

Naturally, it's an older one, but looked like it was still in good condition. I'm just not sure about the Noble Vary choke on it.

I found a western field 16 pump at one of the online auction sites for $100 buy it now. I'm tempted.

Naturally, it's an older one, but looked like it was still in good condition. I'm just not sure about the Noble Vary choke on it.
Good price, I don't much care for the poly/vary chokes myself, my girlfriends has a full choke, no serial # either so its old, pre 68 would that be ?

Yes. the GCA (Gun control act) was done in '68.

Boy that looks to be in really great condition!!!! I love looking at that "sixteen".

I "accidentally" pushed the buy it now button on the one I was looking at.

Oops.

Darnit.

Oh well. I like those old guns. They are built a lot better than new stuff. I would be willing to bet a nickel the only plastic you'll find on it is the buttstock pad ;)

The one I accidentally bought isn't in as good of shape as yours (bluing and paint wise), but the rest looks good and the gunshop said the action is tight and the springs are good.

There is no serial on it either. From everything I could find, they were made from 55-68. Or at least the model I was looking up was.

Nice lookin gun sniper, looks to be in as good or better shape then my girlfriends.... Lol accidentally on purpose John A . I understand, it kept calling out to you, "buy meeeee" right ? LOL I gave my gf's a good look over today while cleaning it , & yep only plastic was in the buttplate... Nice solid gun... Thing is , her Revelation is prettier then my 88, but then again she's a whole lot better lookin then me LOL...

Ya know, it's funny you mentioned that because I told my wife it was calling to me the night before the accident.

She said don't answer the phone.
LOL.... Today my gf says to me, " no more gun stuff for awhile, let's see, more ammo for her 16, target ammo for my 88 , & a PROTECH LG220 tactical light for my 88, with discount the light with mount was under $20 at Ace Hardware.... Now if the USPS gets off the dime & delivers my barrel...

Back