• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Got my hands on a box of......

Winchester Black Talons! I've never seen one up close....but holy wow! It's pretty amazing!! I'm sure this isn't new info to y'all but I thought I'd share :)

Wish I could post pics from my iPhone, my computer has a nasty virus and it's getting fixed so I can't do it from there, bummer!

Here ya go...I own about 500 rounds in assorted calibers...bought them up when I heard Winchester was taking them off the market because of the Long Island Train Massacre.

BlackTalon9mm.jpg

Black_Talonexpand.jpg

BlackTalon45acp.jpg

Holy Smokes thats a wicked looking load!

A bullet, no matter its design, is intended to kill. Some look nastier than others, and indeed cause more internal injury, but they all kill. Some do it more efficiently I suppose...

Winchester pulled the BT's off the market...then tossed the Black Talon name, and the black oxide coating...then they took the same SXT bullet and put it into it's Winchester Ranger series of ammo, which has since been upgraded with the Ranger "T" bullet.

So...if you want the same nasty bullet that the BT had, look for the Winchester Ranger series...making sure it has SXT somewhere on the box. Same bullet...just copper washed.

BTvsRANGER.jpg

Michelle! I forgot, Jenny has the phone today, so I'll get them later on! ;)

Have you tried Tapatalk to post from your iPhone yet?

Seems to have all the possibilities for posting pictures ranging from the camera roll to image links.

K3Man said:
Have you tried Tapatalk to post from your iPhone yet?

Seems to have all the possibilities for posting pictures ranging from the camera roll to image links.

Ahhh, no, haven't tried it (I always deny the request)! I wasn't really interested but if it lets you post pics then I'm all in! Im always on MO from my phone so its been a pain! Thanks for the info!

I can post pics now! Tapatalk is hard to navigate though, but I'll figure it out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1320675718.302859.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1320675718.302859.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 577
That is a suck round and won't even penetrate a one-inch phone book.

Send the ammo to me so I can pass it to a BATFE guy who will take care of it "properly".

I mean it. For real. I'm not playin' girlie-girl~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:)

Black Talons ARE pretty gnarly looking. But for the price I'll just stick with Hornady CD 185's.
I know they may not be as nasty as the Black Talons but I can get 5 or 6 on target in a pretty tight pattern rapid firing the full clip and that should be enough to put the BG down long enough to effect a hasty retreat.
Still... BTs get a +1 just, if for no other reason, because they look wickedly effective.

Michelle, the best way to post photos on the iPhone is through the photobucket app. Everything that I have posted here has been from my phone and all photos are from the photobucket app. Super easy to use and navigate.

Just after Winchester pulled Black Talons off the market, a guy I know was detained for "possession of prohibited ammunition."

He was stopped by an Officer from one of our area Police Depts, for having a headlight out. Since AZ had just implemented Concealed Carry, the Officer asked if he was carrying a firearm. The driver said yes and surrendered the weapon for the officer to secure during the contact.

The Officer came back to his car and told him while clearing the pistol, he found BLACK TALONS!!! He told the driver this ammo was prohibited and he was seizing the pistol and ammo. He would write up a report and submit to the County Attorney for consideration for prosecution.

First thing the next morning, the driver called the gun shop I worked at and asked about the Black Talons. We told him they were perfectly legal, the Officer was wrong.

A little while later, we got a call from the driver. He'd called the County Attorney's Office and spoke to the County Attorney himself. The County Attorney was incredulous. He in turn, called the Chief of the PD and told him there was no such law and he'd best return the pistol and ammo ASAP. The Police Chief personally delivered the pistol and ammo to the owner.

Back