• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Got Wood?

I agree. My Dad's favorite was always wormy chestnut too. I always like the deep natural golden color of the wood. And the worm holes and chew marks just give it even more character.

There's not another set like them anywhere else in the world that I know of.

I scuffed them with fine steel wool and put another coat of Poly on them to shine them up just a little more than what was in the last pictures because after it dried, I thought it looked just a little dull. That old wood sure soaks up everything that touches it LOL

Thanks again Rip. You sure did a fine job on them. I couldn't be happier with them.

Right on....got the pm.

I think I'm going to make some more Beretta grips. I kinda like it. Need to figure out the face curves a lil better.

I have a set of pink chestnut blanks. Might have to soak em in some cactus juice. I'm convinved the guy didnt do a good enough job with stabilizing my lot of wood. But it was a barter for some of my junk wood I didn't want. So it was almost free for me. :)
I need to make my own stabilizing box next. Then I'll keep it in house and do my own thing....

38lTD5Il.jpg

K2lxZ9Ml.jpg

rBcnLsXl.jpg

bsVCwHZl.jpg

HlTyiNLl.jpg

Acrylic stabilized dyed black, burl....gunna look good on someone's 1911!!

I'll post up a sneak peak later tonight.....

whistle whistle

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FspaP9hsjPc[/youtube]

Ok, who's not excited for AK right now? :D Those look FANTASTIC! I had a fleeting suspicion that leaving that beautiful grain untouched would be the right choice!

Awesome work.

If you decide to start making grips for a Contender......

MikeD said:
Awesome work.

If you decide to start making grips for a Contender......

Yikes! That's a lil outa my comfort zone bro... :oops:

Oh man...I just checked on em...they're in ANCHORAGE, AK 99530

Back