• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Greetings and Salutations

Raptor72

.22LR
I just purchased my first long arm yesterday, a Mossberg 930. I will be looking for accessories for it and thought I'd join this group to learn more about this weapon system.

I've read through a couple of the threads and see that this shotgun has problems right out of the box like not being able to load all 7 slugs. I've seen some solutions and will put some rounds down range to see if the spring being exercised will take care of it before I start to modify the spring.

A little background. I reside in AZ, retired at 38 from the military after putting in my 20 years. I've been in Law Enforcement for 15 years now.

Glad to join this forum. :D

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum Raptor72 !!

...and thank you for your service to this great country of ours !!

Welcome aboard and thank you for your Service Sir!

Which model 930 did you get? Most of the 930 isues have been with the "SPX" models. My 930 Tactical has been problem free from the start. We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so be sure to post pics of your 930 and any other firearms you own in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

I'm not sure how to tell the difference on the models. The receipt is kinda blurred out, but it says "930 SP" and then its blurred so I'm assuming it's the SPX.

I bought this as a HD shotgun since my wife was having trouble racking a Sig 225, which I traded in for this. I do want to shorten it as much as (legally) possible so that she can manage it confidently. I would like to replace the stock with a pistol grip type, add a light/laser combo, add a sling and all in all make it a comfortable HD weapon. I work nights so this would make me feel more confident about leaving my family alone while I go out to protect others.

Probably an SPX, but if you could post the 5 digit model number (85???) from the box we could tell you for sure.

Be sure to browse through our 930 sub-forum for ideas on upgrades and accessories...

Welcome from PA and you found a great board.

I visited Arizona for the first time this past June. 107 degrees at 7:00 at night was a little different for me...but it's a dry heat as I was told.

Now that I looked at the box, it's 85360 and reads SPX. Didn't notice that label before.

Is this the shortest barrel available? The box reads that it's 18.5".

carbinemike said:
Welcome from PA and you found a great board.

I visited Arizona for the first time this past June. 107 degrees at 7:00 at night was a little different for me...but it's a dry heat as I was told.

I've been living south of Tucson for 15 years now. I'm originally from the Monterey Bay in Ca and am looking forward to moving back in a couple of years.

The "dry heat" doesn't make it any less hotter.

Raptor72 said:
Now that I looked at the box, it's 85360 and reads SPX. Didn't notice that label before.

Is this the shortest barrel available? The box reads that it's 18.5".

Yes Sir,

18.5" is the shortest shotgun barrel length allowed by law. Any shorter and it becomes a Class III firearm requiring NFA registry and a $200 tax stamp.

Thank you for your service Raptor, looks like the guys are gettin ya taken care of already,

So the only thing left for me to say is, Welcome to MO!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum! Thank you for your service; it is much appreciated!!!!

Back