• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Gun Search Site ... Very Cool

catnphx

.270 WIN
I've got no idea where to put this but thought this might be best. It's a brand new site (still in development) that helps people find the right type of gun; I found it on another forum. It's focused on pistols and revolvers now but rifles and shotguns are coming soon. I thought it was really well done and might help others (and myself) when I'm looking for that next gun to purchase. I'm sure it will evolve but check it out, it's pretty cool.

The first paragraph of the site proclaims this...

This site is dedicated to helping honest, law-abiding citizens learn about all of the firearms currently in production, as well as the firearms which are widely available and frequently found on the used market. WhichGun.com has information, specifications, reviews, and photos of hundreds of firearms. New firearms are added to the site daily.

http://www.whichgun.com/

If you think this needs to be moved to another section of this site, please feel free to do so. It might even be worth putting as a sticky somewhere because it's a cool tool.

I did a little diggin through the site, its very well put together! I like it alot and sent a couple pics to them!

It's new but I think that it has a lot of potential for those looking for a new gun. I like their CCW Rating ... that's kinda cool. I don't know how effective/accurate it is but looking at some of the guns I agree with some of their ratings. It will be interesting to see what it looks like next year when people start rating the guns and when they get rifles and shotguns there too.

Definitely worth keeping on my favorites and keeping an eye on their growth.

catnphx said:
It's new but I think that it has a lot of potential for those looking for a new gun. I like their CCW Rating ... that's kinda cool. I don't know how effective/accurate it is but looking at some of the guns I agree with some of their ratings. It will be interesting to see what it looks like next year when people start rating the guns and when they get rifles and shotguns there too.

Definitely worth keeping on my favorites and keeping an eye on their growth.

On the CCW rating, I dunno. I cant stand a double stack mag, and I know of many folks carrying 1911's. I need to read more on that yet. I'll be watching too! I need to add it to my favorites yet, I forgot, so thanks for reminding me!

It will be interesting to see how this site evolves.

Thanks for the kind words -- I'm the owner of WhichGun.com.

Rifles and shotguns will be added soon. In fact, I did some work gathering information on Mossberg shotguns to add to the site today.

If anyone has any comments, suggestions, or if you found a problem with the site, please let me know.

Jersey EMT, Sweet! Glad youre here! I'm the one that submitted pics of my Springer 1911.

I hope we can be helpful to eachother, and I'm sure we can get some Mossy pics for you!

Hey Jersey! Another thought, if youre in need of some Mossy info, the folks at Havlin Sales are a wealth of knowledge. Victor and Cheryl have literally written the book on Mossbergs. They are in fact the only OF Mossberg authorized distributor of replacement parts on obselete and discontinued firearms as I understand. I may be a little off on the exact description though.

I just made a major update to the search/filtering system. You can now make multiple selections for each filtering option via checkboxes. I've also added a way to change the number of results per page from the default of 20 per page -- there is a dropdown to select 10, 20, 50, or 100 firearms per page.

Since I had to rip out and rewrite quite a bit of code to get this working, some bugs are probably present. If you notice any problems -- whether you receive an actual error message or something just doesn't work the way you'd expect, please let me know about it.

Sample: All subcompact or pocket pistols, manufactured by Kahr, Kel-Tec, Ruger, or Taurus, chambered for .380 ACP or 9x19mm.

http://www.whichgun.com/firearms/pistol ... ction:desc

Attachments

• whichgun_enhanced_filtering.png
    whichgun_enhanced_filtering.png
    91.3 KB · Views: 437
I've just added the ability to filter by trigger type (DA/SA, DAO, etc.). This should make it even easier to narrow down your search.

Welcome jersey_emt...just visited your site, and it seems like a very good start !!

Looking forward to it fleshing out...will spread the word to others...good luck !!

I am happy to inform all of you fellow Mossberg owners that I have started adding Mossberg shotguns to WhichGun.com. A total of 132 variations of the Mossberg 500, 505, 510, 535, 835, 930, 935 and SA-20 shotguns have been added to the database. The remaining Mossberg rifles and shotguns will be added soon.

Cool, Jersey ... thank you.

Just so you know, I used your site last week to assist in my purchase of a Kahr CW9 and it was helpful to be able to compare guns. Thanks

I've finished adding all currently-produced Mossberg shotguns to the site, and am now working on shotguns from other manufacturers (Remington, Benelli, etc.).

Sweet!!! Thanks for the heads up! Need to send some pics to you down the road sometime soon!

Back