• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Gun Storage Solutions Mag Mount

dieselmudder

.30-06
Elite Member
"Philanthropist"
its a simple 3x10 magnetic strip, advertised to attach inside a gun safe to hold/store metal mags. advertised weight limit 3 pounds. well unfortunately the magnet material is not strong enough to hold full mags. at least not very well. if you place them gently they will stay, but a slight bump or jar and they fall off. I mounted mine on the underside of the top shelf in my safe. carefully placed the mags, 3 loaded 1911 mags, 2 loaded SR9 mags (17 each) and 2 loaded M&P 45 mags, (1) 10 round and (1) extended 13 round. i closed the door to check clearance, opened it, and gave the shelf a light fist thump from the top. all 7 fell instantly.

Damn, that sucks!

I just saw this product on-line last week and was curious. Sucks you're having the issue, but thank you for the info. Now I know not to waste my money...

You can get rare earth magnets pretty cheap which will do a much better job. They can be epoxied in place and will hold up to 700lbs or so per magnet in various shapes. https://www.kjmagnetics.com/products.asp?cat=10 . For example a 1" dia x 1/4 thick round will hold 33lb.

DX04B.jpg

You may be able to find them for less $$ at other suppliers.

Last edited:
i shopped around for other types of magnetic strip, but really nothing cheaper so figured it would be worth a shot. ive got some pretty strong magnetic bars at work that hold pry bars and what not on the side of my tool cart. and i havent ruled those out yet, but at an inch tall an 3/4 thick they take up valeuable real estate. was hoping for a nice low profile solution.

Back