What's new
Mossberg Owners

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hairline crack on Savage 6A stock

Never heard of crazy glue refered to in that way. Any particular reason why ?
but in this situation I think maybe the gel type crazy glue would be better. Not sure the standard crazy glue would work that well on such a long rough uneven surface like that. In fact I would bet that a good 5 minute epoxy might be better.

With the thin ca it will seep into the crevice further. But....what gunny said he's gunna do is still his decision to be told...

Gunny? What was your plan? Besides makin a new one. Lol

With the thin ca it will seep into the crevice further. But....what gunny said he's gunna do is still his decision to be told...

Gunny? What was your plan? Besides makin a new one. Lol

I'll be going with the reinforced epoxy fix. Perhaps with some minor modification. I'll post it up later next year when the weather warms up. :)

Super glue from the inside will keep the crack from spreading.

I got a crack in my favorite shotgun stock from falling on slick leaves while squirrel hunting 25 years ago and got a crack near where the stock attaches to the receiver.

Spread a little super glue on it and let it seep into the crack, wiped off the excess and it's never gotten worse and seems fine.