• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Has Mossberg Manufacturing Shut Down???

WD Kuntry

Copper BB
To anyone that can help me out, I've been trying to purchase a Mossberg 590A1 LE for over 5 weeks now . I currently live in Georgetown,Delaware and I've been to every "local" gun shop around here (6) of them,and each one of them did not have any in stock and then they tried their on-line suppliers and said they could not get any either. Next ,I went on-line on computer and tried several other Gun Dealers(Bud's Guns;Jet Guns;SlickGuns;GunBroker; etc.;etc).Each time I find a specific model I like,I go on-line to order it and it comes up "Expired" or No Longer Available or "Out of Stock" ! Which leads me to my opening comment, "Has Mossberg Manufacturing Shut Down? I want to get a Mossberg 590A1 LE 12ga Parkerized w/GhostRing Sights 18.5''brl Synthetic Stock(no speed feed) black.Slickguns.com had one for $469.00 with "free shipping"(model# 51668).Now says"EXPIRED". Can anyone suggest anywhere/anyone I might be able to locate this gun(or at least one very similar to it) so I can buy it??? "THANKS" for your replies and efforts !!! Take it easy, WD Kuntry ps Does anybody know the difference between the 590A1...590A1 SP....590A1 LE...590A1 12 18.5 PRK BNTAM GR(model# 51520) ???? I really want to stick with a Mossberg, but I may have to look towards a Remington 870P Police 12 ga......them I can get,but more expensive!!!!

Well, the 18.5" barrel should be easy enough to find. It does happen on occassion that there has been a run on dealers and theyre all just sold out. Has manufacturing shut down? Its possible they shut down production temporarily as many factories will do usually annually for maintenance and repair and upkeep. I dont know that this is the case or not, just a possibility. We have a member on here who just ordered one.

AIMPRO may have something in stock. Also, if you look for the 20" rather than the 18.5" a little more might open up.

The different models you mentioned are just configured differently, but all have the heavy barrel and metal safety and trigger gaurd.

The SP means special purpose refers to several different models including with or without the SpeedFeed stock, 3 rifle sights, beed sight, GRS or ghost ring sights, each of those models may include a variant with the SpeedFeed or standard stock. The LE I really dunno, when I hear of an LE model I think of the 14" barrel. The Compact is a model with a black finished wood stock with a shortened Length of Pull.

If you wanted to expand your search, a more widely used LE and Military Mossberg would be a 500A Persuader. These are 20" barrels with a 7 round magazine and can be found new for around $350, maybe less.

blue said:
I got mine here http://www.lowpriceguns.com/product.php_371098 Works for me because I do local pickup so good price, no transfer fee, and no shipping.

Edited to add: Sorry, I missed you wanted ghost rings. They have some with the short LOP stock with ghost rings. http://www.lowpriceguns.com/product.php_374495

The 51520 is the model I have and I love it. The bantam wood stock and short LOP are great, as are the GRS. The only issue (if you want to call it that) is it has (and continues to be) difficult to find something that will allow me to add some sort of light to the gun. Still looking for something that will work. The price quoted in the link is about the price I paid for mine a few months ago.

Good luck!!

EDIT - I found the 51520 at Buds for $459 but they are available. Stick with the 590A1 ... they are a great gun. Good luck!!
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/411540226

catnphx said:
The only issue (if you want to call it that) is it has (and continues to be) difficult to find something that will allow me to add some sort of light to the gun. Still looking for something that will work. ]

This is the best light solution I've found to keep the gun not too "black and scary". http://www.cactustactical.com/osc/ggg-mossberg-500-590-forearm-flashlight-mount-p-1900.html One little rail. A little pricey, but they basically take OEM forearm and install the rail.

I had the same problem with ordering my 930 SPX and my 590A1 20", both from Buds, there are typically (just google it) ALL models for sale 'somewhere' in the 48 states listed online, sometimes they don't have online ordering that's pretty simple like Bud's, or G.O.G. and you'd have to call them and get an FFL fax,etc, but could try them. I just, for both the SPX, and the 20" 590A1 w/GRS, clicked the 'remind me' when it comes back in stock button on Bud's(their prices are always AT LEAST real good) and it's worked as long as I don't miss the E-Mail and see it 3 days late. They'll sell out in like 1-2 days, what sucks, almost like Mossberg doesn't send out large shipment's as every O.F.M. product I've inquired after has always been initially sold out. BUT, once you get it it's worth the wait, and you fall in love with the elevator design for loading and the GRS (as long as the sight isn't CANTED!!! Happened, but got easily fixed..YEA!!!), I like that bantam stock for the LOP, I'm looking to get a 13" LOP Hogue stock for the 590A1, a CDM pic/sling mount, a TLR-1s, and a 2-3 point from Spectergear.

I live in Camden DE and I know for sure when I went to Lawmen supply on rt 10 in dover friday afternoon they said they just ordered a bunch of stuff from Mossberg. I would give them a call, Shooters Choice in Northern Dover and call Smyrna Sporting goods. For sure all 3 of these place deal in mossbergs but I think that Millers in Newark does as well. I know its a far drive but you may end up saving on shippin (maybe not with gas where it is though). But I would say just start calling around.

Hey DE_DUCKS, Man, we must have just missed each other.I also was in Lawman's in Dover on Friday(around 1:00 pm) and I ordered a Springfield .40 S&W 3.8 Compact Gun. I also inquired about the Mossberg Shotguns and was given the same answer you got.They said they didn't have a clue as to when or what they would get sent to them though! I showed them my internet copy of the Mossberg 590A1 LE Shotgun form Slickguns.com for $469.95 w/free shipping.Jay(counter sales person) said to me " Can you get that gun for that price,cause if so, you'd better jump on it!" I said "Oh yeah?" Well if I ordered it from you what would your price be?'' Jay said, " Around $639.00." Heck, that's almost $200.00 more than Slickguns.com. And I know for a fact that "Shooters Choice" is even higher than Lawman's !But hey, "Thanks" for at least responding to my message and trying to help me out ! Much appreciated man! Take care, and maybe we'll cross each other's paths someday. Later,WD Kuntry

Just wanted to send out a big " T H A N K S " to :Rossignol;blue;catnphx;VitSports6;reeseman and DE_Ducks for taking the time to answer my message and offer me help and ideas! I was able to find one on the "Police.com" site, but each time I tried to place an order,it kept returning me back to the "Sign In" box.I did register onto their site, and it still kept doing it! Heck man, I don't know," maybe it's just not meant to be !!!" Oh well, I'll keep searching & trying!! What else can I do??? Again, "Thanks" everyone!

I literally just missed you. I was in there around 2, I had to buy another pair of cuffs for race weekend lol :D and what springfield did you buy. I was looking at the XD40

DE_DUCKS said:
I literally just missed you. I was in there around 2, I had to buy another pair of cuffs for race weekend lol :D and what springfield did you buy. I was looking at the XD40
Hey DE_DUCKS,I ended up buying the Springfield XDM .40 S&W 3.8 Compact.They had to order it,so I'm not sure exactly when it''ll be in. Oh,by the way,I did finally get to "pull the trigger" on a new Mossberg 590A1 18.5" 12ga Parkerized w/GhostRing Sights Black Synthetic Stock.Got it from "Police Guns.com" web site for $ 419.00 plus $20.00 s&h .That's gonna be my main HD gun I also have a new Springfield XDM .40 S&W 4.5"(got it at Lawman's...they have the best prices on these guns ....locally at least) w/( 5) 16 rounnd clips as a back-up to that.Sooo.....I'm starting to make some positive progress towards HD. Next , I'll be looking to accessorize both guns a little.Nothing major.Maybe some night sights( or Laser Sight) and maybe a flashlight for the pistol, and then maybe a front end picaniny rail for a light mount system under the barrel for the shotgun and a shot shell holder.That'll probably be about it.Try to keep it simple, not "over kill it" !Ya said something about having to get another set of "Cuffs" for Race Week-end. What line of work do you do? As for myself,I'm a Corrections Officer/Sgt. down at SCI Prison.Have been for about 23 yrs. now. Well, gotta go get some work done.Take care of yourself and "watch your back", WD Kuntry

I am glad to hear that you were able to finally track down a Mossberg 590A1!

My works is not as bad as yours good sir. I am a seasonal park officer for state parks. Basically hired security but we should definitely meet up sometime and go to the range. I really like the XDs and was looking into them. I am also in the process of trying to buy a new 930 waterfowl in max 4 which I believe will be cheapest online from what you have been saying. How does shipping of a firearm work I have never tried it?

O and funny you work at SCI as I spent 5 hours in troop 4 last night writing warrants for a domestic dispute in Trap Pond (female aggressor) and then had to go over to court 3. It was a LONG NIGHT!

DE_DUCKS said:
My works is not as bad as yours good sir. I am a seasonal park officer for state parks. Basically hired security but we should definitely meet up sometime and go to the range. I really like the XDs and was looking into them. I am also in the process of trying to buy a new 930 waterfowl in max 4 which I believe will be cheapest online from what you have been saying. How does shipping of a firearm work I have never tried it?

All you need to do is find a local FFL dealer and have them send some paperwork to the online store that you purchased your firearm from. Then the online store ships the firearm to your local FFL dealer where you fill out the paperwork and typically pay FFL transfer fee.

The local store generally charges just a FFL fee of anywhere from $25-75.

Back