• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hello From Louisiana

Sgt440

Copper BB
Hello. My name is Mark. I live in SE Louisiana and have been a LEO for 18 years. I recently bought a Mossberg 500A for duty use and home defense. I picked it up used at a great price. I decided to look for a Mossberg forum and here I am. :D

Hey there
Central OK here. From one new guy to another welcome to the board. There is a lot of good guys here and the wealth of knowledge is above and beyond. Again, welcome to the board.

i bid a welcome to the both of yous.....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum! Thank you for your service, it is much appreciated. Congratulations on your new Mossberg 500A; post up some pictures when you get a chance. Please enjoy your stay.

Welcome aboard Sir,

Like DH said, thank you for your service and commitment to keepin us safe out there. Certainly glad to have you as part of our community and always appreciate any LEO feedback. We look forward to your contributions. Please take your time browsing the site and let us know if you have any questions. Be sure to make your way to the various sub-forums and post up pics and details of any other firearms you may have.

Where in LA are you? I've got family in Shreveport and have spent more time than I can remember (literally) in New Orleans. Love me some mud bugs, boudin, etouffe, gator, and just about any cajun food! As I understand it that's pretty much anything that'll fit in the pot!

Enjoy the site!

Thanks for the warm welcome. Sniper, I live in Sulphur, about 20 miles from the Texas line. You're right about the food. If it has a heartbeat, it's probably been cooked in a gravy by someone.

Here's pics of the 500. The previous owner broke the front bead off somehow. It had this tri-rail flashlight holder mounted on it but I don't have a use for one that big. I'll probably try to trade it for a sidesaddle shell holder or a more streamlined flashlight holder.

Attachments

• Pic3.JPG
    Pic3.JPG
    224 KB · Views: 137
  • Pic2.JPG
    Pic2.JPG
    180.5 KB · Views: 137
  • Pic1.JPG
    Pic1.JPG
    227.1 KB · Views: 137
Sgt, fine lookin Mossy!

We appreciate you and others out there for your service!!!

We have a subforum for LEO and military, though it has yet to be filled in...

Hmmm, you have any ideas on that front bead?

Thanks for bein out there for us!

I'd like to put ghost ring sights on it. It would be difficult to remove what's left of the bead if I decided to replace it. I have bigger problems with it at the moment. A part broke on the trigger assembly. I posted about it in the Troubleshooting forum. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mark

Back