• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hello from Maryland

BenSamp

.270 WIN
Just a line to say hello from MD to all of my new Mossberg brothers and sisters, just became the proud owner of a new 930 Home Security shotgun. I wanted the SPX nine shot with the pistol grip stock, I was told by one store I would have a easier time seeing a bigfoot then getting this shotgun this year.

Welcome aboard!

You certainly have great taste in shotguns! The SPX models have proven to be quite difficult to find lately. We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so be sure to post up some pics of your new 930HS and any other firearms you own the various sub-forums. Let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum! Congratulations on your new Mossberg 930 Home Security.

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum BenSamp!!

Make yourself at home...and we're all looking forward to pics of the 930.

Hey BenSamp! We're glad to have on Mossberg Owners! I like that 930 HS too!

howdy! welcome to the club! good to see ya around these parts.
i used to cruise down to maryland every year with my parents as a kid. lanham.? but i have been there last year down in baltimore, to revamp some davita dialysis centers. pretty shady part of town. right across from mercy hospital. i had some of my tools stolen from off my cart. i turned around for a minute. dag nabit. oh well. he could run faster than i could with a toolbelt on.

that 930 should keep them at bay. i hope.

cheers on it!

ripjack13 said:
howdy! welcome to the club! good to see ya around these parts.
i used to cruise down to maryland every year with my parents as a kid. lanham.? but i have been there last year down in baltimore, to revamp some davita dialysis centers. pretty shady part of town. right across from mercy hospital. i had some of my tools stolen from off my cart. i turned around for a minute. dag nabit. oh well. he could run faster than i could with a toolbelt on.

that 930 should keep them at bay. i hope.

cheers on it!
I live on the Eastern Shore 50min drive to Ocean City MD. I have a brother who lives in P.G. county also, I work in corrections and I am in Bmore at least 3-4 times a month with inmates going to court.

Hi Ben, I was born in Balt. and my family spent several years in Exmore, Va. before moving to No Va and I just moved to Cali., last year. I got to tell you I miss the Chesapeake Bay, I fished it all the time, i sure do miss it. Anyway, I started looking for an SPX unit #85360 about a month ago so I went into a local (Turner's) store and asked if they had one and the guy said that they were in the warehouse and I could see one in 3 days. It came in on time and it was SWEET so I paid the balance did the paperwork for the gov't and went back in 10 days and took her home. I had a issue with the mag spring but it is ok now. I have been trying to get to the range but so far I have not had the chance, but when I do I will report how it went. Good luck with yours. Are you going to use it to hunt? The deer on the Eastern Shore are HUGE, and no better place for duck either but you may need a longer barrel, lol.

cbshooter said:
Hi Ben, I was born in Balt. and my family spent several years in Exmore, Va. before moving to No Va and I just moved to Cali., last year. I got to tell you I miss the Chesapeake Bay, I fished it all the time, i sure do miss it. Anyway, I started looking for an SPX unit #85360 about a month ago so I went into a local (Turner's) store and asked if they had one and the guy said that they were in the warehouse and I could see one in 3 days. It came in on time and it was SWEET so I paid the balance did the paperwork for the gov't and went back in 10 days and took her home. I had a issue with the mag spring but it is ok now. I have been trying to get to the range but so far I have not had the chance, but when I do I will report how it went. Good luck with yours. Are you going to use it to hunt? The deer on the Eastern Shore are HUGE, and no better place for duck either but you may need a longer barrel, lol.
Know the area well use to chase a girl in my younger years in Accomac and use to hang out in Exmore and Onancock, heck that was 26-27 years ago. I wanted the 85370 but my local gun shops could not get their hands on that model I found the model you have but it was 799.99, I got mine for 591.00 otd I use a Ithica Model 37 for hunting. Here in MD you wait 10+ days for handguns, for long guns you walk out with it when you buy it after a clear background check. I put a rail and red dot on yesterday just waiting for the loctite to cure, had same problem just turn the spring upside down it solved my problem.

Back