• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hello from Mrs. Ripjack

Mrs.ripjack said:
Thank you for the welcome L.E.S. I'm sure Marc has posted a picture of my shotgun, so there is a picture here somewhere. He's down cellar in his shop working on the wood things. I remember him telling me about your wood grip he was making. He was having trouble with it. But he was so cute. He did not want to give up. He tried so hard to make them perfect. He bought so many tools trying to make them, I thought he had bought stock in the Woodcraft store. :D
He said you sent 2 more. At least this time he has everything he needs already, But I'm certain he will need more tools.

Michele

Sorry for the headache! :oops:

I hope it helps to know that the grips he made me will never come off...

I get TONS of compliments on them at the range, especially since nobody has ever made commercially available wood grips for this particular model...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Mrs.ripjack said:
Thank you for the welcome L.E.S. I'm sure Marc has posted a picture of my shotgun, so there is a picture here somewhere. He's down cellar in his shop working on the wood things. I remember him telling me about your wood grip he was making. He was having trouble with it. But he was so cute. He did not want to give up. He tried so hard to make them perfect. He bought so many tools trying to make them, I thought he had bought stock in the Woodcraft store. :D
He said you sent 2 more. At least this time he has everything he needs already, But I'm certain he will need more tools.

Michele

I get TONS of compliments on them at the range, especially since nobody has ever made commercially available wood grips for this particular model...

Hello,
That looks spectacular! Is that a 1911?

Michele

LTB45 said:
Welcome Mrs. Rip!
Marc is good people and it is great to now have his wife on here as well!!!!
You and my wife should get together with your .410's and shoot some Skeet at our club in Wolcott.

Hello,
I will ask Marc about getting together to go shooting with you and your wife. She has a 410 too? I love mine. It feels so good in my hands and when it makes that sound. Very much a stress reliever.

Michele

Mrs.ripjack said:
Hello,
That looks spectacular! Is that a 1911?

Michele

Thanks, this one is a Beretta 92 Vertec.

The model has been discontinued for several years. The intention was to create a model that incorporated a frame more like a 1911 with the Beretta 92 operating platform. Essentially, if a Beretta 92 and a 1911 had a baby it would be the 92 Vertec. The model never really caught on and production was halted after a few years. I love wood grips and it was killin me that there were none available and I don't think that they had ever even been made. When rip mentioned his interest in making custom grips I tossed the challenge up and he knocked it out of the park! Your husband has some wicked talent...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:

Not to highjack, but those grips are beautiful LES! Mrs. Ripjack, I might have to get your hubby to make me some too. Well done.

As they have warmly welcomed me, I give you the same.

Welcome from OH, Mrs Ripjack. Enjoy the site.

Hey, Marc, you haven't given her access to all the forums, have you? ;) LOL, j/k

Nah...I gotta keep some stuff to my self. :lol:

If Rip only knew.... He is an incredible artist! I'm impressed when he shows me the grips he is doing! Remind him he needs to finish his honey doo list too!

Back