• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hello from North Idaho

william488

Copper BB
Hello all, I am from North Idaho, just picked up a Mossberg 715t. Looked like it will be a fun rifle to shoot with. I am also looking at getting a Mossberg 500. I also own a Glock 22 and a PA-63 in 9x18. I also own a 30-06. I plan on going out this week to shoot my Glock, pa-63 and my 715t. cannot wait! I want to get my daughter out to the range and get some safety training and some time with the guns.

William, sounds like youve got a respectable collection goin and its awesome youre including your daughter!

My daughter shoots and hunts with me all the time, I cant think of a time in the two years shes been shooting she hasnt been with me! Its lots of fun as I'm certain you already know, and you sharing that with your daughter will make the memories that much more significant to you both!

Well done and welcome to Mossberg Owners!!!

thanks, she was excited as much as I was picking this up. She came with me to my lgs, and helped me get a sling etc. showing her now how to break it down and clean it right. I think I got a good deal, it was used, but had a red dot sight, and in really good condition, little to no wear on it. I got it cheaper then cabela's and two other of my lgs.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum!

Sent from my iPhone

Welcome aboard!

There's nothin better than a family day at the range! Allow me to offer your first reputation point for including your daughter in your love and respect for firearms. The world needs more dads like you Sir. We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so be sure to post pics of your new 715t and your other firearms in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

thanks, I will have to do that. my daughter and I are going to go out tomorrow and shoot the 715t. I only have one 10rd magazine at the moment, so probably will only shoot a 100 rounds or so with it, and maybe 30-60 rounds with my glock, but we will have fun. Weather permitting of course. Will go gold panning too.

Sounds like an excellent day! Weather permitting of course and I understand that too!

Welcome from MI!!

Howdy william488 and welcome to the club. Gold panning?! Sweet...have you found any before? got pix?

ripjack13 said:
Howdy william488 and welcome to the club. Gold panning?! Sweet...have you found any before? got pix?
I have been panning before, don't have any pictures yet. Just got little dust for our time. I do have some of the ghost town im going to go panning at. I would not even call it a ghost town, just boards and trash left. It was a big scan I guess in its day. the founder of the town claimed there was lots of radium and some gold, he got others to invest but never proved there was either gold or radium there. Was going to go today but still sick and thunder storms all day. I will be taking photos this next trip. hopefully this week.

Here are some pictures and little info from whats left of the town.

http://www.ghosttowns.com/states/id/bouldercity.html

sweet...hmm..they don't have many pix there. I'll be looking forward to yours. good luck and hope ya feel better!

Back