• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hello Mossberg lovers

oli700

12g
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
Hey from Oregon, grew up shooting in the Southern Oregon Cascades. Had a 500 in my late teens early 20's, traded it off and missed it ever since…..like most guns I have traded off. So at 38 I decided to finally replace it. Wanted the 500 spx but hard to get and thought I could just make one out of a standard 500…..ended up costing more and turned out different than the spx but I am happy most of the cost was absorbed by trading one of my Contenders for a new 8 shot …just like my old one.

Good to have you oli and we appreciate you signin on with us!!! I'm intested in seeing your 500 "SPX"!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum! Glad to have you as part of the growing community. When you get a chance, please post up some pictures of your Mossberg 500 "spx" as we all enjoy checking out each others firearms.

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

Also has a Specter 2pt sling and a TLR-1s. I was trying to make an all around shotgun. Something I can shoot a lot for fun, pack in the woods and put by my bed. I like the result, some might say too much for home defense but it will work fine for me. I have packed it for a couple of day/night trips down the wild and scenic portion of the Rogue River (bear country) it was great and was even greater feeling next to my sleeping bag, and I can shoot lots of high power loads for practice and my shoulder loves the stock…better than I expected which is a nice surprise.

Very nice Sir!

Glad to have you aboard. When you have a chance, head on down to the non-Mossberg firearms section and post up some of your other shooters.

Enjoy the site...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Very nice Sir!

Glad to have you aboard. When you have a chance, head on down to the non-Mossberg firearms section and post up some of your other shooters.

Enjoy the site...

Done and thanks for the welcome

Back