• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Help identify this item

thegerb50

Copper BB
Hello everyone

I recently traded my 500 20ga to someone who had a 500 12ga. In the box with the 18.5 inch barrel was this clamp type device, I'm assuming it is for a flashlight for the 18.5" barrel, but can you confirm?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 223
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 223
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 223
Yea I'm assuming it is a flashlight clamp but it isn't homemade, it's a factory part says mossberg right on it. Thank you guys for your input

i saw this come up here on the forum before,but i can't find the thread.

Some of the older "combo" models shipped with the two barrels held together with the clamp in your photo. It kept both barrels secured in place and prevented them from banging together during transit...

i'm just surprised they bothered to stamp mossberg on it.

^^^(Sshhh.... I bet you LES was pouring through the library of Mossberg manuals he owns)
And here I thought it was for mounting my shotgun to my bed posts... silly me :)

old mossy said:
i'm just surprised they bothered to stamp mossberg on it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Proprietary bedpost mount... they wanted to make sure no one stole the idea!

Nope, this one doesn't have the tassels... see, it's right there in the picture!

Here is where it says Mossberg. Same thing on both sides, sorry it's a little difficult to see.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 166
LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Some of the older "combo" models shipped with the two barrels held together with the clamp in your photo. It kept both barrels secured in place and prevented them from banging together during transit...

Yup, that's the shipping clamp...

Back