• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Help making a decision

not enuff

.22LR
Ok, so I currently have ATI's Side Saddle but no add-ons mated to it yet. I figure it'll cost about another $100 to get the 9 add-a-shell pieces with the top rail to finish it off.

The Black Aces quad rail with adapter to fit my Breach barrel should ring in at about $200. I could sell my Side Saddle later - currently have $80 in it.

Basically, my question is, should I spend another $100 to go with the Black Aces piece or finish out the ATI piece. I'm hoping that with all the infinite wisdom within this forum, someone may have experiences with one, the other, or both.

I want to cover the barrel, mainly to add visual beefiness and get a +1 in BA factor, at some point so I will either need to mod a heatshield (thinking ATI) or go with the Quad Rail - $150 (which I will need about a $40 mount to make to the Breach barrel)....seems like it may cost less to go with the Black Aces. The only draw back that I can see with the Quad Rail is I don't care much for the way it mounts onto the receiver. To me it looks like when people use a 3M stick-on hood scoops or side window louvers on their car - un-natural (no offense intended for those that like them). I'm sure I could cover that with some shell holders. I just wish that it wrapped the receiver like the Side Saddle does.

Anyways, just kinda thinking out loud looking for some advise. Thanks

Back