• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Help needed

Awastatyme

.270 WIN
So I am fully stripping down my New haven 600 so I can paint the barrel, mag tube and receiver. I removed the c clip from the takedown screw. That's when I noticed that the detent to help keep the screw tight is not there. Now I understand why the screw kept on loosening up on me all the time.

I am assuming it is a small spring and a ball bearing? Is this right? is it possible to just find a small spring and drop in a steel bb?

Last edited:
That may be something Numrich has available. The Havlins might, but it sounds more like a Numrich part.

If I new what I was looking for exactly, I could help look.

Pretty sure that the ball is pressed in using some serious force. Never heard of one coming out.
You may need a new lug bolt.

f6WcjFM.jpg

Unless you can stake the bearing in place I think you will be better off just replacing the bolt itself else it will fall apart each time you disassemble it.

Thanks, looks like I will order a new takedown screw. I don't need the retaining rings, mine was the older c clip. I can just slip it back on the threads.

Back