• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Help! Scope mount for maverick 88 20 gauge

lblades1111

Copper BB
I need help finding the right scope mount for my maverick 88 20 gauge there are a lot for the 12 but nothing specific for he 20 with it being interchangeable with he mossberg 500 20 gauge will the mossberg 500 scope mount work on my gun? Are there any other options if not?

Could take it to a local gunsmith and get it drilled and tapped for a picatinny rail.

Mossberg 90063 is a Mossberg 500 20 Gauge Slug Barrel, 24" Blued, Cantilever, Ported

I just saw 3 on Ebay. The advantage of a cantilever is that the scope will always be in perfect alignment with the barrel. This barrel is also rifled so you can shoot sabot rounds. This barrel should fit your Maverick.

I don't know if anyone makes a saddle mount for the 20 gauge.

I don't have a cantilever style barrel yet but I will someday.

lblades1111 said:
Are there any other options if not?

You could measure your receiver at a couple of specific points then compare those dimensions to a Moss or Mav 12 ga. If they match up you should be good to go with a saddle mount.
FWIW
YMMV

Figured it out put a saddle mount for a mossberg 500 on my maverick 88 20 gauge and it was a perfect bolt up..same receivers..not saying the saddle is the best option fits pretty darn snug..but u never know how it will seat after some slugs but will certainly get me thru deer season..thanks for suggestions!

FWIW, I had an Aimtech saddle mount on an 870 for years and it held up just fine with slugs and magnum Turkey loads.

Back