• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Heritage combo 179.00

Damn Good Deal !!

I bought a Rough Rider over a month ago...the extra .22 Magnum cylinder cost a little more ( $38 ) via a mail in coupon...

...and my daughter is now a member of the NRA via the free 1 year signup coupon.

I've been a Life Member since 1977...

Not to go OT too much but in the ad there is a note that says "*This model does not meet requirements for melting point laws." in red. I also notice they have a steel frame model for over $250. So is this cast zinc-ish or something? o_O

Someone will need to educate me i have no clue what a melting law is. I can offer mine hase had a pretty fair amount of LR , cci quiet, and magnum thru it and its not melted yet. I looked at add for the steel frame it actually has same disclaimer? Next thing i wonder is there a chance my Glocks melt too ?

Oh good gravy i did a google search on melt point law hurts my head. Apparently only applys in couple states. My only comment after research is if you can load a single action 22 fast enough to get it to 1000 degrees you are a bad mofo in my book
Ps dont forget to wear some good gloves.

Well of course it really has nothing to do with safety.

Back when they decided to get rid of all the Saturday night specials they figured out that since cheap diecast guns melt at a low point, they could drive them all off the market with these laws and not have to actually specify any particular brand or style or anything.

And of course you can't restrict Guns by price because that would be economic discrimination. ( I am ignoring our confiscatory taxes and fees, which are total discrimination...)

All they had to do is pick a point, like 900 Degrees, and boom! You've got a law that practically wrote itself.

Well of course it really has nothing to do with safety.

Back when they decided to get rid of all the Saturday night specials they figured out that since cheap diecast guns melt at a low point, they could drive them all off the market with these laws and not have to actually specify any particular brand or style or anything.

And of course you can't restrict Guns by price because that would be economic discrimination. ( I am ignoring our confiscatory taxes and fees, which are total discrimination...)

All they had to do is pick a point, like 900 Degrees, and boom! You've got a law that practically wrote itself.

Was this pre poly guns or was there some sort of exemptions made.

I don't remember when the first polyguns came out but this happened about 1995, so 22 years ago?

As I recall the laws mentioned melting metal or compositions of non-homogeneous metal. I don't think Plastics were addressed at all.

Not sure why i find this subject so interesting. Do these places also outlaw ARs ? I always thought that your run of the mill 7075 melted somewhere around 900 degrees. Perhaps law was pistol specific at the time.

Well it all became moot in California.

New guns imported here or manufactured here or exported from here must be on the approved list.

If you want to see how it works go to Gun Genie and type in a California ZIP code like 93711 and see how many guns you cannot buy.l

I'll give you a hint: it's most of them.

Well it all became moot in California.

New guns imported here or manufactured here or exported from here must be on the approved list.

If you want to see how it works go to Gun Genie and type in a California ZIP code like 93711 and see how many guns you cannot buy.l

I'll give you a hint: it's most of them.

Yes but its now so much safer than rest of the country....for the criminals. Very sad hopefully yall can get some sane leaders one day.

Well now that they're legalizing drugs I don't see much hope of that. Legislation will just keep getting crazier and crazier.

For instance, they made it legal to smoke marijuana in California. It's not even a misdemeanor anymore, unless they catch you doing it out in a public place or driving a car. That would be a misdemeanor.

But if you smoke marijuana & you buy a gun you are automatically a felon.

You don't even have to fire it or own a single bullet. If you purchased it you are guilty and could get 10 years.

Well we've gone way off topic here buddy.

But if you smoke marijuana & you buy a gun you are automatically a felon.

You don't even have to fire it or own a single bullet. If you purchased it you are guilty and could get 10 years.

So if you have a "marijauna card" in CA you can't own a firearm (legally)? :eek: Just curious if some bureaucrat is comparing lists and picking out locations to raid... :rolleyes:

So if you have a "marijauna card" in CA you can't own a firearm (legally)? :eek: Just curious if some bureaucrat is comparing lists and picking out locations to raid... :rolleyes:
Yes of course they will the FEDERaL 4473 form pretty clear asks about marijuana use. So id say having a card and checking no you dont use may raise the preverbial red flag when they figure out a way to connect the dots.

I believe a Medical card is a medical thing and I think it's subject to the restrictions of medical privacy. The doctor can't tell the government that you have one.

I think this will ultimately lead to the mandatory piss test in California to qualify for a gun permit, assuming the federal government takes the tactic Trump seems to indicate

I am against recreational drug use of any kind.

All of it.

Medicinal use on the other hand, I don't have a problem with.

I know there are many afflictions where marijuana is beneficial. They give it to a lot of people with glaucoma, migraines, cancers for pain and during chemo to help you eat more when you don't have an appetite and are puking your guts out.

There was a report recently where one of the chemicals in marijuana was helping with certain types of childhood seizures and reducing them by more than 40%.

The kids weren't smoking dope. The chemicals were being extracted and used either in pill or shot form, I'm not sure which.

I am against recreational drug use of any kind.

All of it.

Medicinal use on the other hand, I don't have a problem with.

I know there are many afflictions where marijuana is beneficial. They give it to a lot of people with glaucoma, migraines, cancers for pain and during chemo to help you eat more when you don't have an appetite and are puking your guts out.

There was a report recently where one of the chemicals in marijuana was helping with certain types of childhood seizures and reducing them by more than 40%.

The kids weren't smoking dope. The chemicals were being extracted and used either in pill or shot form, I'm not sure which.
100 percent concur.

Well I'm telling you, it's going to be like the wild west again in California, now that they've legalized it.

Being a Libertarian I can't really say I am against this, but that does not mean I see it as a good thing.

Unless you go hang out in San Francisco and up-and-down small coastal towns in California, you don't realize what a big population of burned-out homeless drug addicts we have loafing around.

Right now the govt is trying to come up with billions of dollars to house these people, in a state with the highest housing costs in the freaking Nation except maybe Hawaii and DC.

As soon as they have set up all the official rules and licensed delivery Systems, legal dope is going to become a reality in California.

I think you're going to see a real increase in auto accidents & a huge increase in insurance costs. Police & jail cost for minor drug enforcement might go down. Tax revenue will surely go way up, which is how we will raise those billions to house burned-out drug addicts.

It's like Soylent Green where you feed people to each other. We will use the taxes paid by the new young drug addicts to pay for the housing on the burned-out ones who can't pay taxes anymore.

Back