• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hey yall

au01st

So thought I'd post a few pics of my 500 that sits next to my bed. I'll see if I can get some updated ones this evening with the Hogue grip and sling. Loaded with Winchester PDX1 rounds.

M500Stock.jpg

Don't need any comments about pistol grip vs. full stock, perfectly fine hitting 8" targets at 10 yards firing from the chest.

M500.jpg

M500-2.jpg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum! Very nice Mossberg 500! Let us know how you like the Hogue grip after you get to throw some lead down range. What Hogue grip did you end up buying?

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners forum au01st...!!

Fine looking Mossy 500 boomstick too... :cool:

Welcome aboard!

We're gald to see you join up. You've got nice taste in shotguns! We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. Stop in and visit all the various sub-forums and let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

Thanks. I honestly don't know what model the Hogue grip is, just the comfy one. I've already put 500+ rounds through it with friends at the range. It came with a forend replacement too, however I have the 500 with the cheaper all-plastic forend. I've been looking for a replacement action tube for a good price, but haven't really seen one yet. The bungee sling is just whatever one Walmart carries. Sticker said $6.99, rang it up and it said $24.99 so I had to argue that there was a whole hook of them back there. I got it for the price that was displayed, but the next day when I went to get more (I work for Walmart's largest competitor, and we don't carry gun stuff so I don't mind sticking it to them on something like this) they were labeled at the much higher price. Oh well, least I got mine.

Photo0279.jpg

au01st!!! Man, we're happy to have you on, and no worries! This isnt the kind of place where we're gonna go after anyone about pistol grip vs traditional stock! ;)

I believe there is a discussion on it somewhere, but we dont make it personal, rather we attempt to keep it all academic.

Thats a sweet 500!

Well thanks for the welcomes, nice to know I don't have to worry about defending my PG here, haha.

I'm actually on the lookout for a Maverick 88 so I can switch the PG to the Maverick and put the full stock back on this one.

Welcome aboard!

I got that same sling for $9.99 at one of the local Walmarts. I guess there is no knowing what they will want to get you for.

Back