• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

High Gloss Walnut Stock Model

Underdog

Premier Member
When did Mossberg start producing 500's with high gloss walnut stocks? Model # 50126 It also has a retro red recoil pad and white spacer. Cabelas is advertising it for sale this weekend for $299. I went on Mossbergs website and it is listed, never saw it before.

C&P from Mossberg.

The Mossberg 500 first rolled off the line on August 21, 1961. This model was created in 2011 for its 50th Anniversary, providing an upgraded look to our hardest working gun. In May of 2013, the 500 platform surpassed the 10 million production milestone. No other shotgun in history has sold that many, that quickly.

High-Gloss Walnut stock, fine checkering
High-Polished 28" Ported Barrel
Retro Red Recoil Pad with Pachmayr white spacer
Jeweled Bolt

Great price. :)

I have this model, got it at Cabelas for $335. I love the look and feel, the 13" length of pull fits me perfectly. The trigger group jiggles a little bit and I can't figure out why. Front tabs aren't damaged, still deciding if I want to send it Mossberg or just replace the assembly myself with the aluminum one. I was thinking of doing that anyway.

Welcome to the forum from NY and congrats on you new Mossy. Sorry to hear about your trigger assembly problem.

I just checked my older 500 and it's snug as a bug no wiggle or wobble at all.

We have a contact at Mossberg, send him an email explaing the problem. Tell him your are from MO.

His contact info,,,,,

Joe Zakher
jzakher@maverickarms.com

Keep us posted.

What did he suggest? The gun is still under warranty isn't it?

He didn't make any suggestions. "Good morning,

I have not seen this before, I cannot see why it could be doing this. if the gun locks when you slide it upward and release when pushing the action lock lever. Then it should be no problems. "

Yes it is under warranty however Mossberg wants me to send it to them Via UPS. I work or UPS and although I handle every package as if it were my mother's I've seen enough to make me very hesitant. In the end that's probably what I will end up doing, just thought I'd see if anybody else had the same problem. I'm glad to be a member of this forum it's helpful, interesting, and nice to e able I talk mossberg with other mossberg fans. My girlfriend doesn't wanna hear about my "gun stuff"

I would call Mossberg and ask them for a call tag. ;)

Keep us posted.

Back