• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Historians of Confederate South and Veterans after the war

nitesite

Average Guy
"Philanthropist"
Hello.

I am pro Confederate and have misplaced the computer files that list historical decisions and Congressional Acts following the Civil War whereby veterans from the Confederate Army were granted US Military Veteran Status and even wartime retirement in some cases. Cemetery protection. Etc.

Can any one help me replace those lost files I once had? I used it against my liberal family members with fair success!

Never heard of it, but would also be interested in learning something anyway.

I do know that civil war veterans were afforded US veteran status though.

There is a civil war graveyard near me. Only about a dozen graves. Not even many people know it even exists. Which is probably good, otherwise some idiot would probably vandalize it.

Nitesite, just based on my old memory (busy with fruit harvest so limited time now to research) civil war veterans were originally provided "retirement" at the individual state level where they originally lived at beginning of the war. I think there were two national level congressional acts, one around the late 1920s (maybe 1929) and another in the mid to late1950s. These addressed the status of military veterans and their retirement benefits including that of spouses. Unfortuantly, these were very late and basically in retrospect.

Hope this helps. Maybe I'll have more time later.

Regards

Back