• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hogue 12" lop on my 590a1

C.Edwards

.22LR
What are your thoughts on the hogue with 12"lop. Will there be any issue using ghost rings or if I run an aimpoint down the road? Also how is the recoil pad compared to a limbsaver (which I have on now)?

Seems like they are very popular but wanted to hear from some users.

Thanks!

There shouldn't be any issue with GRS, but that is shooter dependent. Aimpoint should be fine too.
The recoil pad is very good, but not quite on the Limbsaver level.
You will need to adjust your grip so that your thumb does not cross over the stock most likely. Otherwise you will probably get hit in the snout. This is very intuitive anyway, as it keeps your thumb in position to operate the safety anyway.

Sounds good. It looks like they can be had for $ 60.00 or less. I guess I will get one ordered. On the limbsaver issue I wonder if anyone has successfully found one that will fit.

Re: Hogue 12" lop on my 590a1

I think Brownell's had them for about $54, but it's been a while since I looked. There is a Limbsaver pad that fits but I have no memory of which one it is.

I like the Hogue very much and have one on each of my 12 ga. but the 12" on my 590A1 only which I use the most.

To me, the recoil pad is plush, never been an issue, though the combination with the Limbsaver I've heard is like shouldering a pillow!

I have a bad habit of putting my thumb across the grip and have smacked myself just once.

IMO, its a worthwhile investment if anything is! ;)

Re: Hogue 12" lop on my 590a1

Rossignol said:
the recoil pad is plush, never been an issue, though the combination with the Limbsaver I've heard is like shouldering a pillow!

That's a really accurate description, I am seriously impressed with them.

HTC Vision on Tapatalk 2

Sounds good. I don't want to do the slip on but was wondering if the made a screw on that would work. If the hogue is better than factory I'm sure it will be fine, the limbsaver I have on now is sooooo soft shooting though.

The Hogue is def WAY WAY better than factory!

Limbsaver does make a "grind to fit" recoil pad that will screw on to the stock...

Back