• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hogue Inc. OM Stocks and Grips Reviewed, Mossberg Compliant

Re: Mossberg 500 OverMolded™ Shotgun Stock - 12" L.O.P.

Just got home and my 12" LOP was waiting on me. I will get it put on tomorrow and hopefully take a little trip to the range and see how it works out. I do have to say that the 12" LOP seems really short but won't know much until I shoot it. Besides that, the stock feels really good in hand.

Also picked up some new shells to try, so I might be "scientific".

Let us know what you think after putting some lead down range. The 12" is definitely a short length of pull for some.

I will agree its almost a shock just how short that is, however;

Try getting real square behind the gun and get a good cheek weld. I also practice bringing the gun up to a ready to get the same sight picture and cheek weld everytime also because it is an adjustment.

Go have some fun and practice, I'm lookin forward to hearing back and getting your thoughts and impressions!

Just spoke with Zia of Hogue Inc. One of the things I mentioned to her, and I dont know if I've said it here, I'm super impressed with how well the plush recoil pad absorbs the shock of every load I've used! So well it makes staying on target a far easier task!!! So well, Allison is able to handle the recoil of full power 12 ga. loads!!!

It feels good. By getting a better stance, squarely behind the gun due to the 12" LOP, muzzle flip is effectively reduced and recoil is better absorbed and redirected or transferred.

A great product and value for the money! Its an easy and very practical adddition or upgrade to an otherwise factory firearm that doesnt creat an enviroment of "relearning" the specific handling characteristics of your gun.

Some absolutely will not change anything on their firearm that isnt a change for the better. Sounds simple and logical enough. However, the "tacticool" stuff we sometimes put on our guns isnt always realistic. Puritans wont be disappointed with the Hogue short LOP here. Its definitely a change for the better!

Rossignol, out.

Re: Tamer Pistol grip and forend for Mossberg 500

Hogue Tamer Pistol Grip And Forend For Mossberg 500/590

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckBsUE_01gs[/youtube]

p747903723-4.jpg

p608378508-4.jpg

p596797572-4.jpg

p825341398-4.jpg

p755515823-4.jpg

p908675005-4.jpg

First Impressions: As soon as you open the package you can see the quality and craftsmanship that Hogue is known for! The texture and feel of the Hogue Tamer pistol grip is second to none.

Installation: All in all it was a very simple installation that required nothing more than a screw driver and an allen key.

Use: Holding the Hogue Tamer pistol grip just feels right :twisted: . There is no other way to describe it. The attention to detail really shows when looking at features such as how the grip is contoured down to the trigger. When you pick up the shotgun your index finger just naturally moves right to the trigger. This is something you don't see in a lot of other pistol grips on the market. One thing to note is that there is no recoil reduction system with the Hogue Tamer pistol grip like some of the other options available but lets face it most people that install a pistol grip on a shotgun are not shooting hundreds of rounds at the range each weekend. When I shot a fair number of birdshot and slugs one afternoon and I definitely felt it in my wrist afterwards. So you have to decide what your goals are when choosing a pistol grip for your Mossberg; if you want an extremely ergonomic grip that follows KISS (keep it stupid simple) then look no further but if you want a pistol grip that you and your buddies can go shoot a couple hundred rounds on the weekend with you might be better off with a ATI tactical talon or BlackHawk breachers grip. Please note that you can certainly throw lead down range all weekend long with the Hogue Tamer pistol grip but your wrists might get a little upset.

DHonovich said:
Hogue Tamer Pistol Grip And Forend For Mossberg 500/590
p908675005-4.jpg

:shock: Holy sweetness. This is a thing of beauty! I just told Zia today you are working on these, she said she checks in from time to time!

Yea I have been traveling a lot lately so I haven't had time to post up reviews and pictures of all the recent products as I would have liked to. I am in love with this Hogue Tamer pistol grip and forend though! It doesn't reduce recoil as well as some of the other options out there but the ergonomics and fit and finish are second to none.

Yep, I told her youve been traveling and very busy. Its all cool! She is enjoying seeing the updates!!!

You know I'm not big on pistol grips and I have nothing I'd be able to compare it to other than factory. So I defer to you as to how well it does its job!

It looks amazing!

Well, I do like it better than the full 14 in stock. I really liked it better after I added a Limbsaver slip on pad. Not sure what I will do, try to rig it or see if I can get a hold of a 13 in LOP stock set.

To the best of my knowledge, AIMPRO is the place to go for the 13" LOP.

Re: Mossberg 500 OverMolded™ Shotgun Stock kit with forend

I have failed to update this thread! :eek:

Anyhow, we've uploaded video and stuff I just havent broken it all down to the Hogue specific parts yet. You may have seen it in action, but here's a pic of Allison, my 12 year old daughter firing my 500A 20" Persuader! Thats right, a 12 ga. The stock kit is a standard LOP so a little long for her, but the recoil pad is PLUSH! She was able to handle the Hornady 00 buck and a few slugs the first time she ever pulled the trigger on a 12 ga. (is it abuse if I use her to test products? :lol: )

Here are the pics of her firing!

Attachments

• 01_Hogue_Stock_Kit.JPG
    01_Hogue_Stock_Kit.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 903
  • 03Allison.JPG
    03Allison.JPG
    14.2 KB · Views: 903

This is Allison firing the 590A1 equiped with the Hogue short LOP. Not only do I prefer the shorter stock, but its perfect for her too! She really liked being able to square up behind the gun better in comparison to the standard LOP, which for her is exagerated more so than it is for me, as she is about 4' 10". She was able to get a good cheek weld and properly sight across the receiver to the bead. Shes an excellent shot anyway, but the 12" stock sets her up for far greater success! ;)

Attachments

• 04_Allison_590A1.JPG
    04_Allison_590A1.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 674
  • 02Allison.JPG
    02Allison.JPG
    14.1 KB · Views: 674
Re: Mossberg 500 OverMolded™ Shotgun Stock kit with forend

Heres another pic pulled from video and the fit of the standard LOP on me, about 5' 10".

Attachments

• 02_Hogue_Stock_Kit.JPG
    02_Hogue_Stock_Kit.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 894
Re: HOGUE Tamer Pistol grip and forend for Mossberg 500

review updated and video posted

Nice work Dan, appreciate the write up!

Re: HOGUE Mossberg 500 OverMolded™ Shotgun Stock - 12" L.O.P

Alright! Got some vid uploaded!!! You may have seen some of this video used for other thing, BUT! on a positive note, you wont hear any commentary! ;)

The focus of this video is on the handling characteristics of the Hogue short LOP stock, from repeated firing of full power 00 buck, to acquiring the next target, hitting one and moving to the next. Hogue Inc. has in fact made the OM short LOP stock so plush and easy handling, a 12 year old girl can use it! LOL! Seriously, Allison truly enjoyed the Hornady 00 from the 590A1!

Also featured is some more sweet music by Dog Food from the Alabama VooDoo album. The song is "Nosebleed"!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBngfB99o5Q[/youtube]

Rossignol said:
Alright! Got some vid uploaded!!! You may have seen some of this video used for other thing, BUT! on a positive note, you wont hear any commentary! ;)

The focus of this video is on the handling characteristics of the Hogue short LOP stock, from repeated firing of full power 00 buck, to acquiring the next target, hitting one and moving to the next. Hogue Inc. has in fact made the OM short LOP stock so plush and easy handling, a 12 year old girl can use it! LOL! Seriously, Allison truly enjoyed the Hornady 00 from the 590A1!

Also featured is some more sweet music by Dog Food from the Alabama VooDoo album. The song is "Nosebleed"!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBngfB99o5Q[/youtube]

Nice work, Brad and nice shooting as well!! It's funny but with all the guns I offer to my Son to shoot the 590A1 is his favorite as well as mine. Your daughter seems to be a great shot and I see where she learned from.. ;)

Great work my friend and happy shooting, your daughter will never forget your times shooting together.. :cool:

BTW, I'll be ordering one of these ASAP for my new 590A1...

Thanks Dave!!! I think you and your son both will like the Hogue stock!

Allison and both are still learnin Dave! I'll pass on the compliments to her! ;) Thanks again Dave!

Well guess what guys? I went to the Sacramento gun show today and bought the Hogue Tamer Pistol Grip for my Mossberg 500 Tactical Cruiser and it is AWESOME! I only had the Factory grip to compare it to but it's definitely 10x better than that. I haven't fired it yet but once I do I'll give you guys a report. It fits in my hand great and feels much better than the hard plastic factory grip.
fe49cccf.jpg

d947696c.jpg

c83788c7.jpg

Honestly one of the reasons I wanted one was because of how much I like the Hogue Monogrip on my S&W 686. They're twins now. Ha

Dude, looks AWESOME!!!

Back